Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support

No Download Button After Purchase

Paypal is a lot like Facebook. Constantly changing the way things work.

I started to move to Stripe Payments; created an account but didn't set it up with my info.  I may revisit Stripe as a payment processor.

I believe i will need to revisit the payment module. I believe there are still issues with it.

Paypal is a lot like Facebook. Constantly changing the way things work.

OK, I remember there was an issue with IPN.  So I followed the info from this thread: https://www.cheetahwsb.com/forum/topic/Patment-Result-no-data-given.htm but it still won't allow downloads but the payment is processed.

I removed the Cheetah store module and installed a shop module from Modzzz.  Modzzz has his module a little different, he includes the download button by default but with a message "Access Denied" if you don't have permission to download the product.  I am getting a similar situation with the shop module.  After paying I go back to my cart.  Payments are going through; when I go to my account and then payments, I see where the member has purchased a product.  This was the same for the Cheetah store module.

I will need to log into the database to check but my guess is that it is not finalising the purchase for the member; it is not adding the member as being allowed to download.

We are using IPN and I am wondering if that is the cause of the issue?  I have always had issues with PayPal, in the past the only way anyone could purchase a membership was using PayPal IPN mode.  PayPal keeps changing things; maybe I need to change to a different method of processing payments here; direct or PDT?  Can anyone shed light on this?

Ok. I'll look into the issue.

I have the store module installed and payments and payments are working.  When a member adds to cart, clicks checkout it all works, makes a payment and it returns them to their cart.  However, when they go to the product page, there is no download button.  It just has the "add to cart" button.  Members are unable to download.  When I view the product page as an admin, I see the download button.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support