Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support

second member with admin access?

The ability to make other users admins has been implemented https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues/86 it will be available in the next version of Cheetah.

Thanks Deano; you are quick.

There was a module in the Boonex Market for multi-admins that allow you to set an admin but limit what sections of the backend administration they could access.  It worked by checking what sections they were allowed to see and then when the admin section was being generated for display, it skipped any section the sub admin was not allowed to access.  Direct URL was also checked to make sure a sub admin could not type the address to that section of the administration into the address bar. https://www.boonex.com/m/multi-admin-access

When someone is a full admin, they have access to all areas of the backend.  That may not always be desirable but you may want to grant access to parts of the backend; such as the Photos or Sounds sections for moderation.

There is a role 2 for moderators but moderator is not fully implemented; I see parts of moderator code; I don't know if Boonex started to add moderation roles to Dolphin and then stopped or if they removed moderation as they started development on Dolphin 7; maybe someone that knows the history better than me can answer that.  I know that moderation was built into the membership levels but I never like that approach.

This also brings me to the question of invisible admins.  I have had issues on sites where the admin being a member has resulted in issues.  I would prefer being able to log into the site and do admin duties without being a member.  Plus, and this was a long running discussion between members on Boonex about how much admins could do and see on the site.  I was in the school that admins should be super admins; being able to see and do anything.  I remember Houston LIvely was in opposition; I was sad to see him absent on the forums because I did value his input; but I am getting off subject.  Running a site can have legal issues; we don't want any illegal content to be added to a site by a member that we can't see.  Deano's Tools; and later Modzzz, allowed us to log on as the member which helped in being able to see all content that a member might have tried to hide.  However, it would be nice if we didn't have to use work-arounds.

Of course at this point this is just discussions, not what should be implemented.

The ability to make other users admins has been implemented https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues/86 it will be available in the next version of Cheetah.

As a very temporary measure, you can do what I do when I get people like Modzzz to look at my site.

Just change your password and let them access the site as admin also.

When they've finished, change your password back to the original.

I will address that one in Cheetah at some point.

So... skip the interface and go directly to editing the database. That seems like something to fix.

Yes, there were some add-ons to address this.

So... skip the interface and go directly to editing the database. That seems like something to fix.

Note: this user will have full access to everything in the backend; they can delete modules etc.  There was a module in the Boonex market for limiting what additional admins could do in the backend.

To do this, register a new user.  Then edit the profiles table in the database and set role to 3 for the user.

How do I create a second member with admin access?

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support