Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

adding new page redirect

I think i am going to change the way that works. I think auto generating a page name was a stupid way for boonex to handle duplicates. I think a error indicating that the page name already exists. And abort creating the new page instead.

I second this; if we want two pages with similar names, we can do that ourselves.

gotcha - i did not know there was a page already called splash. i didnt see one in the page builders.

edit: nvm. o fprgpt o added a page called splash through the database. i was testing something and forgot about it. disregard my post.

A date only gets added when creating a page that has the same name as one that already exists.

You will need to delete those and start over. Or you will have to manually modify the names in the database making very sure you do not have more than one with the same name.

NOTE: Make sure you do not have any existing page named newpage when you go to create a page. Then when entering a name for the page, choose a page name that does not already exists, otherwise it tags a date onto the end so it does not clash with the existing page.

I think i am going to change the way that works. I think auto generating a page name was a stupid way for boonex to handle duplicates. I think a error indicating that the page name already exists. And abort creating the new page instead.

i added a new page with the page builders. after success, i was redirected to my new page, but with the date at the end of the url. so basically - created a new page called splash. was redirected to splash-2020--8-21. removing the date at the end does get the correct page.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports