Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support

Weird empty auto email from the website

This specific issue has been located and fixed. https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues/124

Turns out it's a email message the admin is suppose to get when a members membership level changes.

The fix will be included in the version 1.1.0 final.

Deano: just got a blank email from the beta test site.  The blank email was triggered when a user's membership level was changed.

Here is some of the header info; the from field is populated correctly.

Subject: =?UTF-8?B??=

X-PHP-Originating-Script: 1017:utils.inc.php

Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

MIME-Version: 1.0 

Update.  I changed the membership level again just to see it was the membership level change and got another black emails.

Thanks, i was able to reproduce it. It may take me some time to hunt it down tho. I plan on releasing the final by tomorrow night, not sure how much more i can fix before then.

Deano: just got a blank email from the beta test site.  The blank email was triggered when a user's membership level was changed.

Here is some of the header info; the from field is populated correctly.

Subject: =?UTF-8?B??=

X-PHP-Originating-Script: 1017:utils.inc.php

Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

MIME-Version: 1.0 

Update.  I changed the membership level again just to see it was the membership level change and got another black emails.

Sorry Deano, I just haven't had time to do any checks on this.

Yes. This is a ongoing issue that has been around apparently since dolphin 7.3.x

I have not yet tracked it down.

It seems that I am getting these empty emails when someone signs up.

This may be related to an issue where the mail script uses \r\n and this causes issues with some clients. If you want, you can read the RFC on email formats for a bit of fun (this is a joke; I have read the RFC on email formats and it isn't fun reading). You can look in the utils.inc file and try changing the \r\n to just \n in all places the mail function uses it.  I am guessing this is still the default in Cheetah.  \r is a return and \n is a new line.  I think Deano is going to change the mail script in the beta release so that might change this need.

@Geek_Girl. Did you ever resolve this issue here. https://www.cheetahwsb.com/forum/topic/Blank-emails-but-not-all-emails.htm

This is of course a issue that has carried over from Dolphin, and i have not yet found a solution. It's not easy finding a solution to a problem that is not happening to me, so i can't try a trace it.

But i have not stopped looking.

And the next version of cheetah will have a mail logging section that i hope will help track this issue down.

No, I put this on the back burner and started working on another project.  I will see if I can do some testing tomorrow on some joins and memberships and see if it shows up again.

OK, I read through the post again and it seems that some people were experiencing problems with emails that had to do with joining and memberships and there were those that thought it was a bug in Dolphin 7.3.1.  Boonex never addressed it but that was typical.  See: https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Getting-UTF-8-B-in-e-Mail-Subject-Lines.htm

I might need to retest my site with some joins and membership changes to see if I get any blank emails.

This may be related to an issue where the mail script uses \r\n and this causes issues with some clients. If you want, you can read the RFC on email formats for a bit of fun (this is a joke; I have read the RFC on email formats and it isn't fun reading). You can look in the utils.inc file and try changing the \r\n to just \n in all places the mail function uses it.  I am guessing this is still the default in Cheetah.  \r is a return and \n is a new line.  I think Deano is going to change the mail script in the beta release so that might change this need.

@Geek_Girl. Did you ever resolve this issue here. https://www.cheetahwsb.com/forum/topic/Blank-emails-but-not-all-emails.htm

This is of course a issue that has carried over from Dolphin, and i have not yet found a solution. It's not easy finding a solution to a problem that is not happening to me, so i can't try to trace it.

But i have not stopped looking.

And the next version of cheetah will have a mail logging section that i hope will help track this issue down.

I was getting blank emails when someone joined my site but it cleared up when I installed the final release.  Do you know when you are getting these emails?  I might retest my site when I have the time.

I am getting a weird empty email from the website.

The subject line is: =?UTF-8?B??=

The body is:   <empty Message>

Any idea whats going on?

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support