Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

View video count

I will check into the view count to make sure it is counting views properly.

What is the thinking behind views count.  Is it just visiting the page?  Is that done by member ID?  If the same member visits the page twice, is that two counts?  I guess if by member ID then all views by a guest would count since they all have the same member ID of zero.

There will be nothing i can do about facebook inaccuracies. And it is inaccurate as far as i am concerned. Example, clicking like can add a item to whoever liked it's facebooks timeline, and if in turn someone shares that link, the like also gets shared resulting in 2 likes when there should in my opinion only be one. Seems facebook shares of liked items are included in the like count.

Anyhow, i will look into counting of views in Cheetah, but that is all i can do. I can't fix any facebook issues.

Yes, I understand

There will be nothing i can do about facebook inaccuracies. And it is inaccurate as far as i am concerned. Example, clicking like can add a item to whoever liked it's facebooks timeline, and if in turn someone shares that link, the like also gets shared resulting in 2 likes when there should in my opinion only be one. Seems facebook shares of liked items are included in the like count.

Anyhow, i will look into counting of views in Cheetah, but that is all i can do. I can't fix any facebook issues.

Here is another video, please see attachment

view count.png110K4 views

Ok, i don't know exactly how to describe this, but i will try my best. I'm attaching a picture to help with my description, i noticed that the FB like button is way much higher then the actual view/play of video. I'm assuming that this is on all other sections, but i noticed it immediately on the videos. If i'm a visitor and i like the video, you would figure i'd play it to hear the song, then i would click like on the FB like button. So, my question is if the counter of the video is actually working properly so that the view can be in sync with the FB like button. It does not make sense to me, if i go to a site, look at the video and then click FB like without listening to the video, just saying. :)

View count.png119.1K3 views
Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports