Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Video upload failed

During the upload process, ffmpeg is used to extract a thumbnail for the video. Failure to create that thumbnail is also one of the things that can trigger that error as it's part of the upload process. Thumbnails are not created when sounds are uploaded, so that would be my guess as to what happened there.

I've had the issue of the "full" ffmpeg section disappearing from Host Tootls a few times on my Dolphin sites. Replacing ffmpeg.exe and resetting the permissions resolved the problem, but I also noticed that Chrome had reset Flash to off. I just checked again before writing this and yes, it was switched off again. I assume other browsers are just as savage.

Thank you John for this information.  I noticed that the permission for the ffmpeg file had changed; normally this does not happen when uploading updates.  I set the correct permission on the file and the file appeared to be the correct size.  I decided to delete the ffmpeg file and replace it with a copy from the beta 1 site.  The video upload completed with "Done" as the message.  Evidently the issue was with the ffmpeg file and that is probably why I couldn't get sounds to process.  The ffmpeg is used to process sounds as well as videos; although I don't know why sounds uploaded without error but videos did not; perhaps Deano can shed some light on that.

I've had the issue of the "full" ffmpeg section disappearing from Host Tootls a few times on my Dolphin sites. Replacing ffmpeg.exe and resetting the permissions resolved the problem, but I also noticed that Chrome had reset Flash to off. I just checked again before writing this and yes, it was switched off again. I assume other browsers are just as savage.

I think the site has gotten corrupted in some manner.  I am going to restore from backup and test and then try the upgrade again.  I have a test site that is still at beta 1 and it is working properly.  

Hmm. Your screenshot shows it's there, Only very bottom of it. Like it's cut off.

Perhaps that is why the permissions changed on ffmpeg.

I noticed under Host Tools -> Site setup that the ffmpeg section is not there.  Did you remove this?

No i did not remove it. I just checked my test site which has a copy of cheetah that was upgraded from beta1 to beta2. And that section is there.

I am beginning to wonder if you have some corrupt files, or if some of them were not replaced during the upgrade. Very strange.

2020-05-08.png95K45 views

I noticed under Host Tools -> Site setup that the ffmpeg section is not there.  Did you remove this?

As I reported, videos and sounds were working before I applied the beta 2 upgrade.  Nothing has changed with the server that I know of.  Curious.

Sounds files upload but they are failing to process.  I tried two different mp3s.

Question: If video upload (and I am guessing that all uploads will fail that uses the file uploader but haven't checked sounds yet) was working before the beta 2 upgrade, then what changed between beta 1 and beta 2 that may have caused this?  If that is the reason and not a server issue.

The HTML purifier upgrade was the biggest change and should not affect uploads.

Nothing as far a uploads was changed. I did check my test site i upgraded and had no problems uploading. I am going to have to put in better error reporting in that section where the upload failed error occurs. That error is generated normally when checking for the existence of the uploaded file. Can occur after the upload, or during the move operation from server tmp location where php sticks uploaded files, to the flash files folder.

I will work on some better error reporting in that area.

The error message reported isn't related to the file upload failed; it is dated the 7th and today is the 8th and there are no errors for the 8th.  I have checked everything on the server I can think to check.  Suggestions are welcomed.

Question: If video upload (and I am guessing that all uploads will fail that uses the file uploader but haven't checked sounds yet) was working before the beta 2 upgrade, then what changed between beta 1 and beta 2 that may have caused this?  If that is the reason and not a server issue.

Line 169 of ChWsbDb.php is where the actual query for the res function is performed, So all errors for any query that calls that function will have that same line number.

Which error log is this your looking at? The error.log file in cheetahs tmp folder?

You may need to turn on full error reporting. edit inc/header.inc.php and set $site['fullError']         = true;

Perhaps you could also seatch the database for 87a68a6fff491173a83f87f8fab3614b and see if it shows up anywhere and in what table.

Yes, the error log in /tmp.  Yes, let me turn on full error reporting.  I am not seeing anything in the system log files.

Line 169 of ChWsbDb.php is where the actual query for the res function is performed, So all errors for any query that calls that function will have that same line number.

Which error log is this your looking at? The error.log file in cheetahs tmp folder?

You may need to turn on full error reporting. edit inc/header.inc.php and set $site['fullError']         = true;

Perhaps you could also search the database for 87a68a6fff491173a83f87f8fab3614b and see if it shows up anywhere and in what table.

Here is an interesting bit; the permissions of ffmpeg had changed after the beta2 upgrade; curious.  However, that is not the problem.

Hello, I am the sys admin for Will.  Video uploads was working on his site before I did the beta 2 upgrade.  Looking at the error log for his site I see the following:

--- 2020-05-07T22:12:07+00:00

Type: PDOException

Message: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '15-87a68a6fff491173a83f87f8fab3614b' for key 'PRIMARY'

File: /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/inc/classes/ChWsbDb.php

Line: 169

There are multiple entries for this error all pointing to line 169 of ChWsbDb.php.

Go into admin->Tools->Host Tools. Check the values for post_max_size and upload_max_filesize.

upload_max_filesize  should be set to the largest size of files you want to upload. post_max_size typically should be larger than upload_max_filesize and smaller than memory_limit.

Also check under permissions and make sure all is ok there as well.

I attempted to upload video and all were a failure, message was " file upload failed."

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports