Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Use of Full Name

It's working fine. Thanks Deano.

Fixed. https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues/186

For those that want to fix it now rather then wait for the next release. Attached are two files to replace.

templates/tmpl_evolution_light/scripts/ChTemplMenuService.php

And

templates/tmpl_evolution_light/service_menu.html

ChTemplMenuService.php2.7K1 downloads
service_menu.html720B1 downloads

Sorry for the late reply but I'm in a different time zone.

I've been using Full name on my Dolphin site for a few years and it's worked flawlessly. I recall the earlier problem and I seem to recall being one of the people who asked Boonex to introduce full name as opposed to first /last name. I have full name and first name fields.

Glad to hear you've tracked the problem down.

Never mind. It's a bug in my Evolution Light template. It only does it on the link in that templates new service menu.

I am looking into a fix for it.

Considering i never altered any of that. I am curious if any one still has a dolphin site to test that on. I would like to know if it happens in dolphin also.

Yes, I remember when the full name was introduced and Boonex removed the first and last name and when people upgraded it screwed up some of the sites; those that were private where only the first name was shown to other members; suddenly their full name was in view.  Houston Lively stepped in and pushed Boonex; at least in the forums, to fix it and fix it pronto.

I have a Dolphin site I am working on so will try to change it and report back.  Most of the sites I set up go with just a nickname for privacy reasons.

Ok thanks. I'll look into it.

Considering i never altered any of that. I am curious if any one still has a dolphin site to test that on. I would like to know if it happens in dolphin also.

I changed the Member Display-Name to Full Name in Advanced Settings/Profile.

The site seems to be displaying the name okay, but when I attempted to access my profile via the top right link I go a Page not found error.

I am able to access my profile via the People page.

When the Member display-Name setting is set to username the URL in the address bar is:

mysite.com.com/username

When set to full name the URL is

mysite.com.com/firstname%lastname

When I reset the setting back to username, everything went back to normal.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports