Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Timeline Items Title

There other issues with the timeline as far as I can tell, but I don't have time to research them on Cheetah at the moment. I had someone do a hack for me on my Dolphin site which greatly improved things and I'd love to see it implemented in Cheetah.  Steady, steady.

Ok hold on. did you already have the page loaded in a separate browser and are expecting the timeline/outline events to be live time?

I did do that and the entry was not there until after I either refreshed the page or went to a different page. also, the outline displays different items than the timeline. which is what led me to look at the database to see what was going on.

in fact - just delete this whole thread. I won't post anymore

Instead of watching what happens in the database, why don't you just go to the page with the timeline on it using a different browser with a different logged in user or guest and you will see that it appears just fine.

Instead of watching what happens in the database, why don't you just go to the page with the timeline on it using a different browser with a different logged in user or guest and you will see that it appears just fine.

nor does any person visiting the site see it on the timeline.

And you verified that how?

I have tested it. The person adding it can walk away. It does not matter. The timeline event will be completed when the timeline reloads. It does not matter who loads it. So a visitor loading the page with the timeline on it will see the new entry.

apparently, this also happens with events. I am going to check all modules and see. 

the reason it is an issue to me is because a user does not know that they have to either refresh the page or go to a new page for the event or avatar to be added to the timeline. so if a user walks away from their computer after adding an event - for example - they don't know that it didn't add to timeline. nor does any person visiting the site see it on the timeline.

It's handled by two separate systems. When you upload or select a avatar, it does not have a title. You can't set a title from the avatar page. For photos, you can set a title after the upload is done. The title is not updated until after the event is processed which requires a page load.

The alert processing system is separate from the uploading system which would be the most likely explanation. I do not know why boonex did not set a title during the upload process when the entry is created, but it does not matter. It does not cause a problem.

It's handled by two separate systems. When you upload or select a avatar, it does not have a title. You can't set a title from the avatar page. For photos, you can set a title after the upload is done. The title is not updated until after the event is processed which requires a page load.

The alert processing system is separate from the uploading system which would be the most likely explanation. I do not know why boonex did not set a title during the upload process when the entry is created, but it does not matter. It does not cause a problem.

I am not sure if it would be called a bug, but it didn't seem right.

so, when updating your avatar, the ch_wall_events table adds all the pertinent info - except for the title. To test, change your avatar, but do not leave the avatar page - then check database. you will see the entry for changing the avatar, but with no title.

now, change from the avatar page to your home page - the title is aded to database then.

don't really understand why the title would not be added when everything else is added, and not have to change pages for the title to be added.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports