Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Strange Upgrade 1.0.0 to 1.1.1

I performed another upgrade on a 1.0.0 site and the upgrade went smoothly, everything good.

Just wanted to say that everything is good.  Thanks for your hard work, it is appreciated.

Ok. The presence of the install folder in the patch was the only problem. Once removed, the upgrade worked as expected.

I have updated the patch in the download area.

Thanks Deano, much appreciated.  You are the man smile

Ok. The presence of the install folder in the patch was the only problem. Once removed, the upgrade worked as expected.

I have updated the patch in the download area.

I am installing a fresh copy of 1.0.0 and am going to test the upgrade again. All that should need to be done is to just remove that install folder then go to the upgrade folder as normal. But i am going to check it again anyway.

Reason i did a upgrade test in one of the betas a while back. I knew i would need practice with the boonex upgrade scripts because i have never used them in the past. Guess i still have not got their system down pat yet.

Oh. You deleted your last post. Anyhow, give me a few minutes. I am going to test the upgrade again. I am installing a fresh copy of version 1.0.0 to test it on.

Yes, I deleted the post because I was sure the error is because the upgrade did not actually make any changes in the database; it didn't really do any upgrading.

Oh. You deleted your last post. Anyhow, give me a few minutes. I am going to test the upgrade again. I am installing a fresh copy of version 1.0.0 to test it on.

Sorry. Your right. Uggg. I will create a new patch. The zip files patch contains the install folder as well which it should not. I will remove it and upload a new patch file. I could have sworn i tested this.

OK, so second run was the same.  Is this correct?  I know this isn't Dolphin but I was expecting a similar upgrade procedure where I am presented with a message upgrade available do you wish to upgrade?

I followed the instructions and when I went to upgrade I got this message:

CHEETAH

The installation was successful. Cheetah is now installed.
Remove directory called "install" from your server and proceed to Admin Panel to install modules.             

I will try again but this was a bit strange.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports