Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

SMTP MODULE in cheetah 1.0

Ok, i removed that from my settings and the send failed. So i will have to debug that. It should not fail if that option is not specified.

The setting Override default sender email address should be set to should be optional. I always set it, so the site addresses should be checked, but i will also test at this end to see if there is a bug with that setting.

GOT IT WORKING NOW !!!  I had not filled in the  no reply address fully Thanks Dean - 

Ok. That all checks out. So i am going to need to get server creds from you. FTP, cPanal, site admin, and your sendinblue login info.

This has to be a server configuration problem because based on those settings it should be working fine.

I aatched the screen shot.Thanks for your support

screen.docx164.3K2 downloads

I still need a screenshot of the settings. But i will give you a run down.

Enable SMTP mailer should be checked.

SMTP authentication (Is your SMTP server requires username and password?) should be checked.

SMTP username (only if SMTP authentication is enabled) set to your sendinblue login id.

SMTP password (only if SMTP authentication is enabled) set to the sendinblue SMTP password.

SMTP server name or IP address set to the SMTP server address. For sendinblue that is smtp-relay.sendinblue.com

SMTP server port number set to 587

Is your SMTP server requires secure connection set to NOT SECURE

'From' name of the message set to your site name.

Override default sender email address should be set to no-reply@yourdomain.com

Attach every outgoing email all files from 'modules/cheetah/smtpmailer/data/attach/' folder should be unchecked

Allow self-signed certificates should be unchecked unless your server is running a self signed certificate.

Hi guys im having issues trying to use SMTP with my cheetah site  - it just not connecting to SEndinblue  . All the settings  in dns are correct and verified  . This is the error i get in teh module log  - any suggestions ?

Fri, 02 Apr 21 14:48:59 +0100	Mailer Error (admin@bgscommunity.com): The following From address failed:  : MAIL FROM command failed,From header is missing, header is not RFC 5322 compliant
,550,SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: From header is missing, header is not RFC 5322 compliant
 SMTP code: 550SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: From header is missing, header is not RFC 5322 compliant
 SMTP code: 550
Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports