Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Missind "Add news & news home" icons

I don't think we need an add news button.  The News module was designed as an admin module.  You add News articles by going to the backend/admin and clicking on the News module in the list and then if you scroll down the page you see the editor for adding a new News article.

Yes GG, you were correct, thanks!

I don't think we need an add news button.  The News module was designed as an admin module.  You add News articles by going to the backend/admin and clicking on the News module in the list and then if you scroll down the page you see the editor for adding a new News article.

I have confirmed those buttons are not present on a fresh Dolphin 7.4.2 install.

I will look into adding them.

Ok, cool

I have confirmed those buttons are not present on a fresh Dolphin 7.4.2 install.

I will look into adding them.

Ok, i can see why a regular user can or would not be able to add news, but i am using an admin account with no option to add news. Anyways just wanted to let you know. laughing

I did not see any icons there for the news module in dolphin 7 of my test site either.

I am going to install a fresh copy of Dolphin 7.4.2 just to make sure. But given that the news module is an administrative module, i am not certain why buttons to add news would be there when the members can't add news anyway.

But i will double check with a clean install of dolphin 7.4.2.

So i installed news mod, went to add a new news topic to test and observed 2 icons missing, 1 being add news and i believe other is news home, please view attached photo, thank you! laughing

News Home.png266.8K5 views
Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports