Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Members count in home stats block

Yea, it is to long. I usually don't have block caching turned on on my sites as i find it frustrating. I will make that time shorter and i will also look for other ways to deal with updates like that.

OK, that would apply to all the stats in that block then.  Yes, that is a bit long for a stats block; that would be 60 minutes.  I would think even on shared hosting you could refresh that block quicker than 60 minutes.  I will probably just turn off page caching site wide since this is a high powered dedicated with plenty of resources.

That block is cached for 3600 seconds. Default for dolphin. I will most likely change that. It should show the proper member count after that time has expired and the block re caches.

Dolphin used to have block cache setting in the page builders so they could be set there, but they removed that apparently. Now it has to be done by altering it in the database in sys_page_compose

I don't like the block caching, but it is useful for blocks that don't change very often.

Perhaps i could write some code to clear that cache when a new member is activated.

Is the page block cache on?

Yes.  This is the default install out of the box with only a few modules installed.  The server is a dedicated running Nginx as the webserver with MariaDB 10.4.x.

Is the page block cache on?

I had a member to join and after activating the member the member number in the stats block is still showing one member.  Going to browse members show both members that are currently on the site.  I refreshed the page but the member count is still only showing 1.  This is the beta version downloaded from cheetah.deanbassett.com

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports