Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Issues uploading videos

Tim; go to your php settings and turn MySql persistence off and see if that fixes the issue.  I know on some servers in the past that I had uploads to fail with that setting in php turned on.

Different issue than geek_girls.

Check permissions. Make sure they are ok.

Check for any openbase_dir restrictions in php as that sometimes will cause that.

I will look into the reply on the iphone.

I have installed Cheetah Beta. I am also unable to upload videos. 

Tim, can you give some more info on what you are seeing?  With me, I am seeing the progress bar move to the right but when it reaches a point; and it is the same point each time, the progress bar goes back to zero and then increases again and it repeats this over and over.

I am running this on an Intel based server with CentOS 7 with Nginx as the web server.

I just get a 'failed upload" message after the bar reaches 100%. By the way, I can not respond to this on iPhone. I had to go to desktop to respond.

Anyone willing to provide ftp and admin access to site so i can take a look?

Do you still need login credentials?

Yes. are you also having the same problem with video uploads?

I'm on same site GG and it now works for me as well.

FIXED!

OK, my issue was my stupidity.  This is a new server and it is hard to remember every little thing that needs to be done.  I had set the max post size and upload size in php but there is a setting in the Nginx server block, either set in the http block for all virtual servers or in an individual server block to just affect one site.  The directive is client_max_body_size.  I forget what the default size is if you don't include that but it must be fairly low.  I apologise for not remembering this sooner.

I will try to remember this when I do the write up for the Nginx section.

The issue was that I was not seeing any errors reported.  I suppose when the file upload reached the limit for client_max_body_size it was cancelled but the script then attempted to restart the upload and thus it just repeated this over and over.

Yes. are you also having the same problem with video uploads?

It's the browser that doing it to hide the full local path.

That would certainly be an issue with users on the site; I would rather nothing be displayed than that fakepath listed.  If it can't be removed then I guess a message telling users to ignore it.

I found a solution to that.

This is so strange.

I have tried tons of stuff to try and replicate it. SSL vs No SSL, Different php versions. PHP running as FastCGI vs FPM

After i get some sleep, i am going to try in a VM with a different server setup other than my CentOS 7 Apache Plesk server. I am losing my hair.

Has any one checked in the browsers web developer tools for any errors such as js errors?

It isn't related to php version; although I didn't think that was the case.

Tim, can you give some more info on what you are seeing?  With me, I am seeing the progress bar move to the right but when it reaches a point; and it is the same point each time, the progress bar goes back to zero and then increases again and it repeats this over and over.

I am running this on an Intel based server with CentOS 7 with Nginx as the web server.

I will be releasing another beta in a couple of days. Upload the new files from the new beta over writing all of the old ones and we will see if the problem persists. There will be no database changes in the next beta except for the change in sys_tmp_version, so uploading the files will be all that is needed. Changing sys_tmp_version is not really necessary on the betas.

I will wait for when the new beta is released and then I will see if I can track it down.  Could be an issue with the server in some area.

It's the browser that doing it to hide the full local path.

That would certainly be an issue with users on the site; I would rather nothing be displayed than that fakepath listed.  If it can't be removed then I guess a message telling users to ignore it.

There is nothing i can do about the display of C:\fakepath

It's the browser that doing it to hide the full local path. It only does it on java script based up-loaders as far as i know. I also know that Firefox and chrome do it. Perhaps others as well.

I will be releasing another beta in a couple of days. Upload the new files from the new beta over writing all of the old ones and we will see if the problem persists. There will be no database changes in the next beta except for the change in sys_tmp_version, so uploading the files will be all that is needed. Changing sys_tmp_version is not really necessary on the betas.

So far i have not been able to reproduce the issue. I have done a half dozen test installs and was able to upload on all of them.

As far as the regular uploader. After selecting a file and you see that fake path, you have to click continue.

I don't recall that but I suggest that just the file name of the file being uploaded should be reported.  There is no C drive in Linux so that is just confusing.

No errors installing modules.  I have been informed that the problem also exists for sounds.  Both videos and sounds use the same uploader now; not sure when that was change; version 7.3 of Dolphin perhaps.  Therefore, I am thinking the issue lies with the uploader script that is shared and not the actual modules.

As for the storage path, we will need to change that since flash apps will be removed.

As far as the regular uploader. After selecting a file and you see that fake path, you have to click continue.

There is no indicator of any kind that the upload has begun. But you need to wait after clicking continue. That's something i am going to need to fix. Something should appear there after clicking continue that the upload has begun.

Hmm. The missing data/files folder in the video module actually should not affect it. It was missing on my site also. I forgot the videos are stored in the flash folder.

So i have no idea whats going on there. It does not happen on my site, so i am having difficulty reproducing it.

The fakepath is normal. https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/cannot-upload-photos-upload-failed.htm#292910

The upload problem may be due to a missing folder in the videos module. Then again you should not have been able to even install the videos module with that folder missing. I had pushed a couple of fixes to the repo on that.

Did you have any errors installing the video module.

Hello, I am having issues uploading videos.  When I choose the multiloader the progress bar increases to a certain point and then it appears the upload starts over, the progress bar goes back to zero and then starts advancing again.  It repeats this over and over.  When using the regular uploader I choose a file and hit submit but nothing happens.  I also see this strange path location C:\fakepath\xxxx; where xxxx is the name of the video I am trying to upload.  These are small videos; file size is set to 5G in php and 800 megs in the video settings.  I am using Linux Mint OS so not sure if that is part of the issue with the file path on regular uploader.  I have checked the server error logs but see nothing of importance.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports