Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Installing models

Ok, i was able to enable them, but i had to go to tools > cache > settings and there is where i found the....

• DB cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing PHP accelerator will speed-up file cache)
  • Page blocks cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing PHP accelerator will speed-up file cache)
  • Member menu cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing PHP accelerator will speed-up file cache)
  • Templates Cache = On (FileHtml based cache engine) - OK
  • CSS files cache = On - OK
  • JS files cache = On - OK
  • Compression for CSS/JS cache = On - OK

I must be missing or not understanding something. You had a permission issue. Permissions just like dolphin are set either with a FTP client or through your hosting panels file manager. I really do not understand how it has anything to do with the caching options.

No, your not missing anything, it was me that got confused, you were correct, my apologies

Ok, i was able to enable them, but i had to go to tools > cache > settings and there is where i found the....

• DB cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing PHP accelerator will speed-up file cache)
  • Page blocks cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing PHP accelerator will speed-up file cache)
  • Member menu cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing PHP accelerator will speed-up file cache)

I must be missing or not understanding something. You had a permission issue. Permissions just like dolphin are set either with a FTP client or through your hosting panels file manager. I really do not understand how it has anything to do with the caching options.

@Willmonte, it pays to turn off all your site caches while you're testing. /Tools/Cache/Settings and untick all the cache boxes. This will speed up development, but not always. You should make a habit of clearing  "ALL" cache's after "every" change or replacement of code including CSS code. 

If you install a Browser Cache Cleaner extension for FF or Chrome, this solves most issues providing the Cache's are all disabled. Nine times out of ten your browser will continue to display the earlier and unfavourable result if you don't clear it as well. Clicking Reload on the browser tab may help, but clearing the browser cache is far better. I do it dozens of times a day.

The rule is, clear your Cache and clear it often.

I miss understood your post, my bad!

@Willmonte, it pays to turn off all your site caches while you're testing. /Tools/Cache/Settings and untick all the cache boxes. This will speed up development, but not always. You should make a habit of clearing  "ALL" cache's after "every" change or replacement of code including CSS code. 

If you install a Browser Cache Cleaner extension for FF or Chrome, this solves most issues providing the Cache's are all disabled. Nine times out of ten your browser will continue to display the earlier and unfavourable result if you don't clear it as well. Clicking Reload on the browser tab may help, but clearing the browser cache is far better. I do it dozens of times a day.

I understand, but that was not my issue, i had no other choice then to enable them.

Thanks you anyways! laughing

I will be heading to bed shortly. Need sleep. Been up all night coding. So i may not be back for several hours.

Ok thats fine

I will be heading to bed shortly. Need sleep. Been up all night coding. So i may not be back for several hours.

You need to expand the + so i can see the reason.

For the forums, make sure the folders cachejs, conf, data/attachments and log are there and writable.

It may be best you download a new zip file of the source, https://github.com/deano92964/Cheetah/archive/master.zip and replace your modules folder with the one in the zip file to make sure you got all of them.

Is this better?

Yes, the error clearly shows those folders need to be writable. So you need to set the permissions on them.

Ok, let me go and take care of something that i need to do and get back to you later today. :)

Is this better?

Yes, the error clearly shows those folders need to be writable. So you need to set the permissions on them.

Oh, and the desktop module will never install. It will be removed from the next beta, so best you just delete modules/cheetah/desktop from your cheetah site.

Ok

For the forums, make sure the folders cachejs, conf, data/attachments and log are there and writable.

It may be best you download a new zip file of the source, https://github.com/deano92964/Cheetah/archive/master.zip and replace your modules folder with the one in the zip file to make sure you got all of them.

Is this better?

Oh, and the desktop module will never install. It will be removed from the next beta, so best you just delete modules/cheetah/desktop from your cheetah site.

Oh and for the record, i meant this forum to be called "installing modules" not models, my bad, Sorry!

Hi, some modules still don't install. See picture. Would you like for me to take a screen shot of the ones that don't install?

Issue fixed.

https://github.com/deano92964/Cheetah/commit/c9464cfed9e68c15b92ae4a51cde9685a7301033

And

https://github.com/deano92964/Cheetah/commit/ff7e47f8aa79422f7bbb3d606368938b80e067d3

Thank you Deano!! I will test and let you know bro!

Issue fixed.

https://github.com/deano92964/Cheetah/commit/c9464cfed9e68c15b92ae4a51cde9685a7301033

And

https://github.com/deano92964/Cheetah/commit/ff7e47f8aa79422f7bbb3d606368938b80e067d3

Site Customise as well. Missing /data/files

I am aware of a few modules that would not install with the first beta. It's due to some missing folders that are empty by default and thus did not push to the repo. Thats been corrected and the next beta should be ok.

Ok cool

I am aware of a few modules that would not install with the first beta. It's due to some missing folders that are empty by default and thus did not push to the repo. Thats been corrected and the next beta should be ok.

Probably the reason for this is due to missing files who knows, but i just wanted to give you a heads up. The following modules could not be installed, please view picture.

Modules.png4.9K4 views
Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports