Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support

Images Not showing the file name.

It could well be @Geek_Girl because most of the members on the site are hooked on FB.

The file name I use in my Batman example, is an actual file name used by one of my members. I have no idea what created it, but every post from that member and a few others has a file name that long. It's madness:

69237401_113471726677627_6091202488399036416_n

John, that looks like the file names that I see from members posting from Facebook.

The file name I use in my Batman example, is an actual file name used by one of my members. I have no idea what created it, but every post from that member and a few others has a file name that long. It's madness:

69237401_113471726677627_6091202488399036416_n

If it does not, one can be created and having it import the base css the same as the other templates css files do

Yes, but don't we want to avoid @import?  If I copy the whole css file; then outside of maybe using a few more bytes of drive space, it will use that css file over the base file, correct?

Yes, that's correct.

At some point in time all of the templates in cheetah will be done that way. It will be quite some time before i get to that.

This has been bugging me for years. Some people don't wish to add Titles or Captions to their photos so the Title area in their photo gallery should be left blank. The Dolphin concept of replacing a missing title with a useless file name is crazy. As an admin, I've asked my members to add titles or have their photos rejected. Nobody listens! Let's change this to make Titles optional.

As this is a suggestion, I've added a full explanation in the Suggestions section.

Two possible things; make adding a title required or perhaps make the title the user name plus the unix timestamp.  Usually it is just the file name of the file but I know people adding images from FaceSucks, er, Facebook will have those horrible long names.

If it does not, one can be created and having it import the base css the same as the other templates css files do

Yes, but don't we want to avoid @import?  If I copy the whole css file; then outside of maybe using a few more bytes of drive space, it will use that css file over the base file, correct?

Thanks Deano, that is useful, and as always a fast response.

I think @JohnK has a more clear idea of what was bugging me. Yes, making a good useful title eliminates the random "img_12345.jpg" crap. But will people make a title, or just upload and move on, leaving random file name to ugly up the site; just like I did with my image here, not really thinking that my profile pic needed a title. So... I would toss in with johnK on having the default show nothing if there is no title.

This has been bugging me for years. Some people don't wish to add Titles or Captions to their photos so the Title area in their photo gallery should be left blank. The Dolphin concept of replacing a missing title with a useless file name is crazy. As an admin, I've asked my members to add titles or have their photos rejected. Nobody listens! Let's change this to make Titles optional.

As this is a suggestion, I've added a full explanation in the Suggestions section.

Never mind... I was missing something, and see the title change is there. If people use rational titles its not bad at all. So just leave it.

To late, i had already responded. So if you still want to do it, the instructions are there.

Never mind... I was missing something, and see the title change is there. If people use rational titles its not bad at all. So just leave it.

Since it is by default used if there if no title given, is there a way to change the title of the image after it is uploaded?

Yes. Click on the image to get to the page for that specific image, then click edit in the actions block. There you can change the title, description, tags and categories.

NOTE: Only the admin can edit that info for other users photos, under a normal user account, that edit button will only appear on the photos for that account.

To hide that title in the Public Photos page block, edit templates/base/css/common.css and look for .sys_file_search_title and add display: none to the css for that selector. That css will also hide it in the outline as well because both areas use the same css selector. Separating them will be a lot more complicated.

The base template however should never be manually changed in case it is updated with the next update. It's best to do it in the template your using in it's common.css file if it has one. If it does not, one can be created and having it import the base css the same as the other templates css files do.

Mostly in the "Public Photos" where it is over the image.

Since it is by default used if there if no title given, is there a way to change the title of the image after it is uploaded?

That is the image title which can be set when it is uploaded, but most people don't bother, so by default it uses the filename.

Where do you want to hide it. I am assuming the outline as you stated it is displayed on the image, and the outline is the only location where the image appears physically on top of the image.

The title cannot just be removed or eliminated because it is needed for the url to identify the image.

So all you can do is hide it via css. But i will wait until you have told us exactly where you want it hidden.

Is there a way to not display the file name of an image? Its pretty distracting and clutters up things having the file name displayed on every image.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support