Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Google not showing login popup

Yes exactly. Here is what is weird. For whatever reason, it is now working for now, on both ends (Mobile and Desktop). But to answer your question? Yes the first issue started out on Desktop, then was fine for the longest time, then cam back with the issue on mobile. When one has the issue, the other end seems to be fine. Currently, both are weirdly ok at the moment. There seems to be no set frequency when it chooses to do this.

I clear cache once a week usually.

No the Cheetah site seems to be pretty fluid, with no seen issues right now.

I have installed a handful of modules, with a few needing Modzzz attention. But the catch is when I had issues on the mobile end, a few months ago? I had absolutely no modules installed 3rd party wise. So I don't think the issue is a module connection.

In you first post, you said it was a problem on the desktop if I recall, but now it seems to be okay there, but not on a mobile. Is it see-sawing?

If you're not doing it routinely, make sure you clear your Cheetah and browser caches. This can seriously affect what you see.

As it seems to be working on other sites including my own, it will most likely be isolated to your site alone. Maybe I missed it, but is it working on this Cheetah site okay?

What about modules? Have you recently added any third party modules reformatted by Cheetah?

In you first post, you said it was a problem on the desktop if I recall, but now it seems to be okay there, but not on a mobile. Is it see-sawing?

If you're not doing it routinely, make sure you clear your Cheetah and browser caches. This can seriously affect what you see.

As it seems to be working on other sites including my own, it will most likely be isolated to your site alone. Maybe I missed it, but is it working on this Cheetah site okay?

What about modules? Have you recently added any third party modules reformatted by Cheetah?

Issue is in the Google browser on a mobile device. Desktop works fine. When using a browser the popup whether it is the login at he top or the splash login it shows a blank grayed popup shading, but nothing there. The template is the default template, that you get when installed.

The popup is the splash popup for template.

Yes it is very weird it has totally reversed what had the issue in the first place, where it was the PC at first, but now Mobile has the issue. I don't know how or why it is sporadically alternating issues, lol.

I have NOT tried any other template at his point... I will see if it repeats on a different template.

Ok after re-reading, perhaps you mean the google chrome browser. Sorry, but google could mean about a hundred different things to me.

Anyhow. I still would like to know what your using for a template. So far have not been able to reproduce the problem in google chrome on either desktop or mobile.

Ok, so i am a bit lost on this one.

1) To start. The title of your initial post says "Google not showing login popup." So is this a google popup? or the one from your website? Or perhaps you have a 3'rd party module installed like a google auth that provides your site with a login via google button. I need more clarification on this.

2) Your first post states that login from PC is fine and mobile is the problem. Your last post says you can login from mobile and laptop but not the desktop which is opposite of your first post.

Also, what template is your site using and have you tried switching to a different template to see if the issue goes away.

Boy this issue is back. So when logging in from PC, there is no issues.... But, when logging in from Mobile using mobile browser, when you click the login or join, a window pops up that is blank. Its a shadowed large space, with nothing inside it. Which creates an issue for those who log in from mobile devices. This is produced from Google. I have not tested or checked other browsers, just yet.

I have checked both the pop up and just clicking login at top of page with same results.

It is a modal form. The popup is just a div containing a standard html form that is inserted into the page using jquery when the button is clicked and positioned on top of the other elements of the page.

Jquery being a javascript library, i would also suspect a javascript problem to be the issue.

If it occurs again, please look at the console and see if there are any javascript errors.  If you have added anything that adds new javascript to the home page, it could be in conflict.

I have had issues with the pop-up login on Android phones.  I don't really care for the pop-up login and prefer to just have the form on a splash page instead of the pop-up.  I am not sure the pop-up is a true modal form; Deano might can give more information there.   

UPDATE: So weird.... I had to go to another page, then click login link, then I went BACK to home page and it let me log in...

So found this situation.

When trying to log in from desktop, I am not getting the popup to sign in. the screen goes shaded, but the popup doesn't load. The same thing happens if you try to login from the top right login link.

I can login from my laptop and mobile, but not from my desktop.

UPDATE: Firefox also is not loading the popup or link...

NOTE: If it helps at all, these devices all work with Dolphin, and mentioned browsers (Firefox, Chrome).

THOUGHT: I can't help wonder if this is a popup blocker thing. BUT, why would Dolphin work fine and not Cheetah.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports