Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Dont be mad Deano

on your account page, there is a link to become a contributor. when clicking that link, it takes you to contributor.php - which is to purchase the contributor subscription. this page does not explain what you are paying for. as a suggestion, maybe redirect to the roles page, with a link there to purchase subscription.

Got ya. I will work on that.

The contributor subscription as it is properly named is not a license. Licenses are located here. https://www.cheetahwsb.com/m/license_server/licenses/ which are the keys that you put into cheetah to get rid of the powered by links. Similar to dolphin licenses except they are monthly or yearly.

A contributor subscription is a fund raising thing. It's basically just like a monthly donation and is similar to Patreon. It is not required. It is however a way to earn credits that can be used to exchange for a Cheetah permanent license. I don't sell permanent licenses, so it's pretty much one of the only ways you can obtain one.

The contributor role/subscription as well as other roles are described here. https://www.cheetahwsb.com/roles.php

If you could explain/point out the wording you don't understand, perhaps i can find a way to rewrite it. Of find a better writer that could do a better job at describing what it is.

on your account page, there is a link to become a contributor. when clicking that link, it takes you to contributor.php - which is to purchase the contributor subscription. this page does not explain what you are paying for. as a suggestion, maybe redirect to the roles page, with a link there to purchase subscription.

Also. Just so you know, unless you write the code yourself, or provide me with the licence details of any code added to a fork of cheetah, it is unlikely i will approve any pull requests into the cheetah main repository. I have to know where the code came from before i allow it in the cheetah main repo.

I was just going to post whatever changes I made here in the forums under the suggestions section

Also. Just so you know, unless you write the code yourself, or provide me with the licence details of any code added to a fork of cheetah, it is unlikely i will approve any pull requests into the cheetah main repository. I have to know where the code came from before i allow it in the cheetah main repo.

The contributor subscription as it is properly named is not a license. Licenses are located here. https://www.cheetahwsb.com/m/license_server/licenses/ which are the keys that you put into cheetah to get rid of the powered by links. Similar to dolphin licenses except they are monthly or yearly.

A contributor subscription is a fund raising thing. It's basically just like a monthly donation and is similar to Patreon. It is not required. It is however a way to earn credits that can be used to exchange for a Cheetah permanent license. I don't sell permanent licenses, so it's pretty much one of the only ways you can obtain one.

The contributor role/subscription as well as other roles are described here. https://www.cheetahwsb.com/roles.php

If you could explain/point out the wording you don't understand, perhaps i can find a way to rewrite it. Of find a better writer that could do a better job at describing what it is.

also, I am not understanding the contributor license. I have to pay to help improve cheetah???? I am confused. I don't plan on selling anything. anything I do come up with I will share with everyone at no cost.

so, I have been trying to convince my son that he could accomplish everything just with the web page, but he is adamant about having an app. So, I cloned cheetah the other night and I will attempt to see if I can get them working together. Also, there were a few things that I think would be beneficial and I will see if I can make them work with cheetah. I will contact you about what I do accomplish and see if it is possible to incorporate those things.