Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Chat Rooms - part 1001

Actually to be more precise, who can use the chat will be controlled in the membership settings just as the old chat did. This will allow you restrict the use of the chat rooms to membership level which includes guests.

That's the site wide use of chat.

On a per room level, that will eventually be in the options for the room owner. However, if the admin has it disabled by membership level, the room owner will not be able to override it.

Ok

Actually to be more precise, who can use the chat will be controlled in the membership settings just as the old chat did. This will allow you restrict the use of the chat rooms to membership level which includes guests.

That's the site wide use of chat.

On a per room level, that will eventually be in the options for the room owner. However, if the admin has it disabled by membership level, the room owner will not be able to override it.

Hello, will there be a setting to allow non-members to chat in a room or all rooms?

Yes.

Ok, thanks

Hello, will there be a setting to allow non-members to chat in a room or all rooms?

Yes.

I think I see what you mean in the beetlejuice room.  When you post a message it is at the bottom and pushes the old messages up.  Good enough for me.

The chat rooms have been giving me a hard time with the scroll bar since day one.

Yesterday i stumbled onto a simple solution, but using it forced me to have to rewrite the direction in which messages are displayed.

Due to all the changes to CSS and JS, you may need to clear your browser cache to get the chat rooms to display properly.

but PLEASE give the Admins the control they need via the admin panel to switch EACH feature off individually.

Yes. The admin will have total control of all of those things. Already in the works.

Hi folks, I've been bogged down with other unrelated business, plus a mighty dose of chronic fatigue which has plagued me all my life. I have been reading the forum posts on a daily basis, but as most things are being covered, I've avoided giving my input which mostly duplicates what has already been said.

However, I think I need to make some comments about the things being discussed in this chat thread. I don't care whether you allow gifs, photos, embedded videos or whatever, but PLEASE give the Admins the control they need via the admin panel to switch EACH feature off individually. My site needs a chat room, but I do NOT want it to end up like Facebook with all the stupid Gifs, animated Gifs and videos that people shove down my throat on a daily basis.

My site is using Anton's excellent massaging module that enables people to communicate One-on-one and they can add videos and photos there. All they need to say in Chat is "I'll PM you.

That's it! Allow as much as you like for people to communicate in a child-like manner with images of Homer Simpson and the like, or seriously with a clean simple chat interface. For really serious sites like my own, I need to be able to turn all the Bells and Whistles off.

I wouldn't only restrict it to Chat however. Those Yellow keys in the profiles allow members to keep things hidden. In my opinion, if they need to hide stuff it shouldn't be on the profile. I've coded the keys out, but this should be a simple option in the Admin Panel.

I said it a hundred times on the Boonex site, the script gives the user far too much control. Some admins like myself prefer every profile to be consistent and if that's what we want, we should have the ability to control that.

Thanks.

Part 1001?? Whats up with that.

LOL. Ah well. More things to look into later i guess.

I wonder if we can get the PK Forum folks to donate their module to the Cheetah project and we can kiss the fish forum goodbye

Part 1001?? Whats up with that.

LOL. Ah well. More things to look into later i guess.

I had not thought about individual chats, but a kick or a ban from the room will result in all of that persons chats being removed.

And autopilot shows his ugly mug LOL.

Which brings me to a question; will chat moderators be able to remove a chat from the chat room or is that not possible?  I was thinking in case someone say posted boobies in a room where such photos are not allowed.