Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports

Am I Furious?

I use Modzzz Timeout on my site, but it comes up with a warning one minute before timing out - "Do you wish to continue?"

I have plans to improve it anyway, with a box that pops up to warn you that can be clicked to abort the auto logoff. Other sites do it this way which is how i should have done it.

I also found out why it's not properly working on phones. Seems timers and browser tabs get pushed into the back ground if not the active tab or the phones screen goes to sleep. So for a phone i have to find another way to do it.

I went to make the post but couldn't as the timer had expired.

But did you get logged out with a message that stated you were idle for to long. If not, then that may be the forum itself.

In my case I came back in; just as John did, and started typing in the post I was creating.  However, the idle thing happened; not sure if I tried posting and it popped up or it popped up before hitting submit.  So it could be something along with the forum, I don't know.  It did it that one time and I try to make sure that if I am working on something I don't become idle.   I will copy the text just to make sure if I do have to leave for some reason so that it is easy for me to start over.  Oops do happen; like the power going off.

I went to make the post but couldn't as the timer had expired.

But did you get logged out with a message that stated you were idle for to long. If not, then that may be the forum itself.

How would the member menu interact with my browser if the site isn't opened in a tab?

It wouldn't. So it's not you.

That helps. I did not know it does not work on phones.

Someone is managing to bypass it somehow and remain on the site all day and night with their member menu chewing up unnecessary server resources.

OK, someone just told me that on their mobile device, it is not logging them out; on their mobile phone.  So it wasn't me after all.  I don't use a phone to access the internet.  They told me they are using firefox on their phone to access the site.  Android based phone.

Ok, it's me, i apologize, i thought it would log me out, i too would just click on my cheetah icon and not have to log in again since i remained logged into the site. Did not know, my bad!

Someone is managing to bypass it somehow and remain on the site all day and night with their member menu chewing up unnecessary server resources.

OK, someone just told me that on their mobile device, it is not logging them out; on their mobile phone.  So it wasn't me after all.  I don't use a phone to access the internet.  They told me they are using firefox on their phone to access the site.  Android based phone.

Keystroke detection is part of the module, so what happened to you should not have happened at all.

What happened to John happened to me once; I was in the middle of composing in the forum and went away from Cheetah to do some research for the forum post and was away longer than I intended.  I went to make the post but couldn't as the timer had expired.

If that is me then I apologise.  I close the browser tab and would think that with me not having the site open in a browser tab, it would not consume resources since there is no data flowing between me and the Cheetah site.  I pop in and out at random times to see what is going on.  How would the member menu interact with my browser if the site isn't opened in a tab?

Sorry about that. That module only exists on this site. It's not part of cheetah. Keystroke detection is part of the module, so what happened to you should not have happened at all. I have been debugging it. Someone is managing to bypass it somehow and remain on the site all day and night with their member menu chewing up unnecessary server resources.

Hello Deano. I've just found a huge bug or should I say a terrible design fault.

I was responding to to a Forum post with a rather lengthy reply. Nature called half way through and when I returned I continued typing for another 15 minutes. About 80% of my response was completed when I received a popup "You have been idle for longer than  . . ." and found myself out in the street. When I logged in, ALL my work was lost.

Surely typing something in a comment box anywhere on the site isn't being "Idle?"

Can you please fix it somehow? In the real world that would be enough to peeve anyone off. Sadly, I live in the real world and I don't intend typing any of it again.

Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Bug Reports