Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support

Admin Tools - Host tools

Steve, while you're developing your site it's best to untick all the cache settings and leave them off.  Caches make the site faster for your users, but as you only have a few at this time, it's recommended that you leave the cache settings off as shown in the report.

You will still have to clear the cache after making changes to any code even when they're off, but I find it's usually the Browser cache that causes issues. I have a Chrome plugin that allows me to clear the browser cache any time I like without having to go to admin and it fixes most problems.

If you don't clear your cache's, the script may not show your recent changes and for a programmer, that's a real pain.

Thank you for the report. https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues/87

The proper location is in Tools -> Cache -> Settings

Where are these? I can't find them in the "cheetah-settings-advanced settings" as stated.

Cheetah:

• DB cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing PHP accelerator will speed-up file cache)
  • Page blocks cache = Off (File based cache engine) - FAIL (please enable this cache in Cheetah Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings)
  • Member menu cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing PHP accelerator will speed-up file cache)
  • Templates Cache = Off (FileHtml based cache engine) - FAIL (please enable this cache in Cheetah Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings)
  • CSS files cache = Off - FAIL (please enable this cache in Cheetah Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings)
  • JS files cache = Off - FAIL (please enable this cache in Cheetah Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings)
  • Compression for CSS/JS cache = Off - FAIL (please enable this cache in Cheetah Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings)
Forums  ›  Cheetah  ›  Support