Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

timeline and Photos

I will look into it anyway and see about adding admin options for the time limit, turn grouping on and off and number of photos shown in group which i think is already a option in the photos module.

Some of this was discussed on the Boonex forum a long time ago. The timeline also only displays three photos (I think), regardless of how many you add over a given period. Both the number of photos and the time limit are obviously there to stop hogging by an individual and my guess is a 24 hour limit. Any photos posted in that time seem to be grouped and the limit applies.

Having been on Facebook like sites where people post dozens of photos a day, the timeline ends up with their photos and nobody else's. When I heard why it was done on Dolphin, I decided I liked it.

my entries were at least 18 hours apart. but to me it shouldn't matter how long apart they are. if I only added one image, then the timeline should show that I only uploaded one image, not reflect all the images I added over time. 

It depends in how long apart they were. I will have to look it up as i don't know the exact time frame for the groupings.

It depends in how long apart they were. I will have to look it up as i don't know the exact time frame for the groupings.

not sure how to classify this. it wouldn't be a bug cause the functions are working properly, but I just don't understand the functions.

so, when you add a new photo to an existing album, it adds that as an edit to the original db entry instead of creating a new entry

here's why its weird to me.

I added a new photo to admin's photos on yesterday 

I added a new photo to that album today.

it displayed in the timeline that I added 2 new photos, and displays the photo from yesterday and the one from today. 

shouldn't they be separate entries as they are done at separate times.?