Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

mobile

I did not mean any 3rd mod chat, but ok, no worries. Understood.

Hi Deano, I know u posted a url here to a mobile chat mod that u were just testing out a while back for us to test it out. I can't seem to find it here. I wanted to see if u can please provide the link here so I can test it out via mobile.

I was not testing any 3'rd party chat. I was working on a new chat module for cheetah. It's temporarily on hold while i catch up on the rest of the stuff. The link is currently down.

Hi Deano, I know u posted a url here to a mobile chat mod that u were just testing out a while back for us to test it out. I can't seem to find it here. I wanted to see if u can please provide the link here so I can test it out via mobile.

Not really. I want to get most of the current issues in the repo done first. So it's several months away at least.

I hear you Deano, it's all good. My peeps will have to wait for now. I hated that about dolphin. Looking forward to that day. Cheetah will be awesome, it is now, but will improve by far with PWA.

According to all my users, Cheetah works perfectly on a mobile phone held vertically.  For premium results, all Cheetah pages should be divided into one or two columns. I use two columns and it's essential that the left hand column is the main one.

Phones read Cheetah's page layout thus:

Header and menus
Left-hand column top to bottom
Right hand column top to bottom
Footer

I'm quite impressed with the phone layout for my site, so any Cheetah Admin experiencing problems should seriously consider the layout of their site in Page Builder. For the sake of consistency, I use a two common format of :

Left column: 66.66%
Right Column: 33.33%

It can be any figure and each page can be different. The phone layout will compensate.

Not really. I want to get most of the current issues in the repo done first. So it's several months away at least.

I don't. There will not be a module. Cheetah itself will be made fully mobile compatible.

The only addition at a later date will be a set of page builders for a mobile layout. The site will also be made installable on phones as a progressive web app as well.

All of this is at a later date. Not much work has been done on this portion of it yet.

Nice, good news! Any idea more or less when u plan on starting this? Just asking, I know u have things going on.

I have lots of users that continue to ask me.

It also sounds like your users are expecting a mobile app. A actual true mobile app is not going to happen. You might want to research progressive web apps. That is what i plan on doing with cheetah.

I don't. There will not be a module. Cheetah itself will be made fully mobile compatible.

The only addition at a later date will be a set of page builders for a mobile layout. The site will also be made installable on phones as a progressive web app as well.

All of this is at a later date. Not much work has been done on this portion of it yet.

Do u have any link to a mobile module that u have been working on or looking into?

Just curious, want to practice on it and give u feedback and idea's.

I have lots of users that continue to ask me.