Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

just passing through

I've done all that and more, don't want to screw my site up. I will wait 4 Deano to do what he has planned.

☮🤙

An effective, but not perfect immediate solution is to create a three column site. Put all the important stuff in column 1, the body in column 2 and all the non important stuff in column 3. That way the phone will show:

header
menu
Column 1
Column 2
Column 3
Footer

I reckon my site and the mobile view look pretty good and I only get positive comments. I did have to do a bit of tweaking.

The Mobile home page looks like this:

The menu looks like this. Absolutely no clutter and easy to use.

That's where the mobile builders i am planning on will come in to play.

The new builders will allow a site to be setup for 4 of the most common device sizes.

Desktops the largest
Laptops
Tablets
Phones

You will be able to decide the order of the blocks on those device sizes, and will even be able to decide which blocks are shown. Even different menu types more suitable for phones will be available.

Nice!! I don't like mobile apps, Google is too much involved.

That's where the mobile builders i am planning on will come in to play.

The new builders will allow a site to be setup for 4 of the most common device sizes.

Desktops the largest
Laptops
Tablets
Phones

You will be able to decide the order of the blocks on those device sizes, and will even be able to decide which blocks are shown. Even different menu types more suitable for phones will be available.

If you're talking about an APP, this doesn't apply. Apps are a completely different kettle of fish.

I realise there can be vast differences between a Mobile presentation and a presentation on a PC, but I think there is a simple solution until a polished mobile module is released.

I've mentioned this to Deano before and I'd love to see it implemented as soon as possible. It would improve my site immediately.

Cheetah automatically places multiple columns one under the other when the screen size is reduced to the size of a phone held vertically. All the stuff in Column one appears first, then column two and Column three if you use it. The results are often unsatisfactory.

We need some way to tell Cheetah how to present blocks on a mobile and this can be done by allocating all blocks a sequence number. Thus the presentation could look like this:

Some new mobile builders have been in the works for a while. The primary concentration right now is finishing the new updater so i can push out the next version. The new updater will also make it far easier and faster for me to get updates out, so it's kinda a priority right now.

Hello People, just passing through to say hello. I been going through some issues and have not had the chance to participate much in testing. I do pass by occasionally to see how the development of Cheetah. Is there anything interesting occurring in its development?

Mobile layout ?

Thank you!! 😁