Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Website Moved.

Are you running Nginx with php-fpm and MariaDB 10.x?

It's Apache 2.4.41 with php-fpm and MariaDB 10.3.31

I have always run Apache. Just a personal preference.

It's a Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
4 Core, 8 Thread 3.7Ghz Turbo.
32Gig Memory
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with Plesk Obsidian.
2 2TB SATA drives setup as Raid 1
1Gbit/s port speed.

It's still fairly low end but out performs the AMD Opteron i had the site on before. I would prefer something much more powerful, but can't afford it.

Are you running Nginx with php-fpm and MariaDB 10.x?

Can I have some specifications on the new server?  I am thinking of moving off CentOS due to the recently changes and because a lot of the projects are compiled on Ubuntu and getting them to work on CentOS is a big PITA; Zulip is a prime example.

It's a Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
4 Core, 8 Thread 3.7Ghz Turbo.
32Gig Memory
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with Plesk Obsidian.
2 2TB SATA drives setup as Raid 1
1Gbit/s port speed.

It's still fairly low end but out performs the AMD Opteron i had the site on before. I would prefer something much more powerful, but can't afford it.

Can I have some specifications on the new server?  I am thinking of moving off CentOS due to the recently changes and because a lot of the projects are compiled on Ubuntu and getting them to work on CentOS is a big PITA; Zulip is a prime example.

Thats good. And the sites caching is off too. I prefer not to use it.

Could be even faster if i turn the caching on, but i would rather not.

Very fast indeed. I use a mobile link in northern Australia and it's about 1.5 seconds with no browser cache. That's about twice the speed I get with my VPS out of Singapore.

Yes, a lot faster.

I have completed moving the website to a new server. Let me know if you see anything unusual with the site that was not happening before the move.

With any luck all you should notice is a faster response time. 😃