Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Upcoming 1.2.0 Beta

I will be releasing the 1.2.0 Beta this Sunday Aug 1, or Monday Aug 2.

I will most likely also update the download page to indicate that FFmpeg is not included with Cheetah to reduce the download size and that it will have to be downloaded separately for those that need to run the Video and/or Sound modules.

Cool, thanks bro!

Thanks Deano.

I'll be away, but it will give me something to do when I get back. 

I will be releasing the 1.2.0 Beta this Sunday Aug 1, or Monday Aug 2.

I will most likely also update the download page to indicate that FFmpeg is not included with Cheetah to reduce the download size and that it will have to be downloaded separately for those that need to run the Video and/or Sound modules.

Just take it easy Deano. Rest is the greatest medicine.

I am really sorry to keep everyone waiting on this.

Deano, don't worry about the beta release, just do what you need to do to heal.  I don't have any advice for broken ribs; they just have to heal through time.  Be careful about pain killers though, even the OTC ones are not good for you, Acetaminophen is hard on the liver and Ibuprofen can cause stomach bleeding.  Opioids as you may know are very addictive.  However, I know how hard it is to work with pain; or try to sleep with  pain.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I must apologize again for the delay, i know i am way late with this beta.

Seems my fall did more damage than i had thought. I did not notice much pain in my side when this first happened. So a couple of days later i went out for my regular walks i have been going on to try a loose weight. As i was walking i noticed pain in my side getting worse.

Seems i fractured a rib as well, and that walk i went on apparently made things worse. If i had known i had a fractured rib, i would not have gone for my walk.

Anyhow. I cannot work when i am in constant pain. I just cant concentrate. So i have been taking some time off while i learn how to sit, sleep, ect to keep the pain a low as possible.

It can take 6 weeks or more for a rib to heal. I obviously cannot wait that long, so i will be resuming my work soon. I have managed to find ways of dealing with the pain enough for me to get some things done.

No worries bro, your health is by far more important then any website! Be gentle when you breath. Get better then focus....PEACE OUT!

I must apologize again for the delay, i know i am way late with this beta.

Seems my fall did more damage than i had thought. I did not notice much pain in my side when this first happened. So a couple of days later i went out for my regular walks i have been going on to try a loose weight. As i was walking i noticed pain in my side getting worse.

Seems i fractured a rib as well, and that walk i went on apparently made things worse. If i had known i had a fractured rib, i would not have gone for my walk.

Anyhow. I cannot work when i am in constant pain. I just cant concentrate. So i have been taking some time off while i learn how to sit, sleep, ect to keep the pain a low as possible.

It can take 6 weeks or more for a rib to heal. I obviously cannot wait that long, so i will be resuming my work soon. I have managed to find ways of dealing with the pain enough for me to get some things done.

Sorry to hear about the fall Deano. Hopefully everything will come good, but rest is essential. On a positive note, it's fantastic that the ground is usually under our feet. It stops us from falling any further. :-)

Deano, sorry to hear that you hurt yourself.  Rest your hands and don't worry; we can wait a few more days.

Sorry for the delay. I am going to try and get the beta out this weekend.

I took a fall a couple of days ago. Nothing serious, but injuries to my hand and fingers have made it a bit difficult to use a keyboard which has been slowing me down a bit.

No worries bro, safety and health 1st, thanks 4 the update, get well!!

Sorry for the delay. I am going to try and get the beta out this weekend.

I took a fall a couple of days ago. Nothing serious, but injuries to my hand and fingers have made it a bit difficult to use a keyboard which has been slowing me down a bit.

Need 1 to 2 more days. Doing final testing of the packages.

Thanks Deano for the update. Looking forward to testing the release when it is ready. Thanks for all the hard work you are doing to provide us with a good platform.

Need 1 to 2 more days. Doing final testing of the packages.

The admin section is not mobile compatible and will not be until i have the time to completely redesigned it.

I have voiced my opinion on this before.  If I ever caught an employee trying to work on the site using a phone, or trying to do sysadmin work on a phone, his or her arse would be out the door before they could blink.  However, I understand that you often have to provide features that really shouldn't be due to those that just have to have them.

Yes that is very true!

The admin section is not mobile compatible and will not be until i have the time to completely redesigned it.

I have voiced my opinion on this before.  If I ever caught an employee trying to work on the site using a phone, or trying to do sysadmin work on a phone, his or her arse would be out the door before they could blink.  However, I understand that you often have to provide features that really shouldn't be due to those that just have to have them.

Hey Deano, when u get a chance, is this beta release capable of being tested via mobile?

If you mean install and use the admin backend via mobile, then no. The admin section is not mobile compatible and will not be until i have the time to completely redesigned it.

Yes and ok.

Hey Deano, when u get a chance, is this beta release capable of being tested via mobile?

If you mean install and use the admin backend via mobile, then no. The admin section is not mobile compatible and will not be until i have the time to completely redesigned it.

The beta for version 1.2.0 will be out in a little over a week.

Many have anticipated a new chat module with that version. Unfortunately it will not be finished in time for the beta.

For the remaining week i will be working on other issues and the reported problems in the payment module.

As the Chat rooms are just a module, it can actually be released at any time. So i will release it by itself when it is completed.

Thanks Deano. This has come at a good time for me because I'm getting on top of my current distractions. Chat doesn't concern me yet, but the other features discussed over the past few months do.

Well done and I'm looking forward to testing it in my own small way.

John

OK, I will test when it is ready.

Many have anticipated a new chat module with that version. Unfortunately it will not be finished in time for the beta.

For the remaining week i will be working on other issues and the reported problems in the payment module.

As the Chat rooms are just a module, it can actually be released at any time. So i will release it by itself when it is completed.

Awesome!