Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Time a member has spent online

I cannot find any data stored that tracks time spent online for a user.

It must be some code Anton adds for his module to work.. On second thoughts, I realize how difficult this would be. If there was such a facility, it would record the session and a member may stay logged on all day, but only visit the site for two minutes.

@Wilmonte. Please read my posts properly before you make a comment. I distinctly used the words "Admin Controls" which only admin's would see.

I did and perfectly understood. Thanks DAT suggestion BROTHER!

I cannot find any data stored that tracks time spent online for a user.

@Wilmonte. Please read my posts properly before you make a comment. I distinctly used the words "Admin Controls" which only admin's would see.

Members don't like 2 be monitored on how long they spendon a site. This WOULD be A HUGE PROBLEM. Why would anyone want to know how long a member spends time on a site. Never heard of this. It can cause big problems.

I'm not making this a suggestion because it may not be something a lot of admins would want.

In Admin Controls on a member's profile page it would be great to see how much time the member has actually spent on the site.  I don't see anywhere on the database where this info can be extracted, but Anton has a module that allows the activity time for the entire site to be shown in the Stats.

My questions are:

Can this information be extracted on a per member basis or does it require code to initially save the data?

If the information is there, can you supply a SQL query to extract it?

Thanks