Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Third Party Modules That Work or don't Work

What we need is some kind of listing where people can say a module works or it doesn't.

Sometimes a module will work after a slight modification.  So we need more than just a work or doesn't work list.  If we find that we can do a modification and it will work, then we need a way to list that modification.

Perhaps Deano can set up a new board on the forum.

Thanks G_G. That's probably the best solution .

Perhaps Deano can set up a new board on the forum.

I think it's time for all of us to share information about third party modules that work or don't work.

I have several modules from vendors like Anton and Modzzz that work flawlessly, but I also have others from the same vendors that don't work. I've referred a couple to Deano and he's promised to take a look when he gets time, but it would be far better if we had a list of what does and what doesn't like Cheetah.

Only recently I bit the bullet and paid for a module I needed, not knowing if it would successfully convert. It wasn't cheap, but fortunately it did work and it's made a massive difference to my site. On the other hand, I have others that I need, but they refuse to work.

It's possible I've done something wrong, or maybe others are also experiencing similar problems. As a community, we should share our successes or frustrations to allow Cheetah to benefit from the best third-party offerings.

Adding them in the forum isn't the best solution. The information will end up like a train wreck. What we need is some kind of listing where people can say a module works or it doesn't.