Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Templates Revisited

That would be good Deano. I'm not interested in the colours because my current site is totally different.  

I am working on a new default template for Cheetah that has this menu and submenu system. Being developed on this dev site. https://dev5.cheetahwsb.com/

It was not quite finished by the scheduled release date. I could release it early before the next version. It's not the same color theme as this site, but the menus work the same.

Any plans for a dark theme?

I am working on a new default template for Cheetah that has this menu and submenu system. Being developed on this dev site. https://dev5.cheetahwsb.com/

It was not quite finished by the scheduled release date. I could release it early before the next version. It's not the same color theme as this site, but the menus work the same.

I've just uploaded 1.1.0 . It seems that many of the features I've been holding out for are template related, thus 1.1.0 doesn't address them. One item is the breadcrumb under the main menu and another is the Hamburger instead of "More" and the sliding bar. In all honesty, I think I'd prefer a vertical sidebar menu/submenu system which is unobtrusive on a PC, yet fills the screen on a yuppy phone.

Antom marketed such a menu, but it was based on a free menu system which was flawed. I asked Anton to fix the problem, but he's completely lost interest in Dolphin and me.

As much as I'd like to see the sidebar menu, your "Cheetah" breadcrumb is a good option when time isn't available to do everything. Maybe it's something you or Modzzz could consider as a Cheetah module, but it does need to be done with a little feedback from those who wish to use it.

This leads me to my question which isn't a suggestion, or is it?

Is there any chance you can release your Cheetah template sooner than later? I believe it should appear in the market for a reasonable fee to assist you in recovering costs. I don't think it's necessary to include it in Cheetah, but you could consider doing so for those members who support the site financially. This could be seen as the first step in having a free and subscription version.