Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Sub Menu Remains Static

Don't waste your time looking. I've created a work-around which works perfectly. I just added some text for the non-savvy to read.

I would like to add the word "Menu" after the hamburger, but can't find where to do that.

I will need some time for that one. The way i designed that menu is a little complicated, and adding the word more after that may affect how it calculates the width to determine when that menu shows up.

Talk about a Merry-Go-Round! Your code works perfectly with the Cheetah Menu, but Anton's Side Menu ended up a failure in more ways than one. When I finally got rid of it, everything began to look good. I've changed a few menu item names and in my opinion the menu system is now working fine and should suit my older audience, but keep the phone yuppies happy.  I'll be surprised if anyone will complain now, but I certainly got a few complaints from phone users in particular.

I would like to add the word "Menu" after the hamburger, but can't find where to do that.

Below i also mentioned a alternative edit to navigation_menu_sub.html which may solve the issue.

Thanks Deano. I had used that code but because the main menu doesn't work too well on a phone, I decided to use Anton's Mobile Friendly Side Menu. Sadly his code overwrites the template and generates a loop which changes Relative back to fixed. Thus the change doesn't work unless I can find what's causing the loop.

Also, the side menu isn't brilliant. It's a two level menu which replicates the Main Menu and the Sub Menu. If it was just a single click from the menu item to the page, it would be really good. The reason being, that it allows phone users to see the entire menu whenever they need it.

I'm still looking and considering Modzzz Side menu which is single level. Unfortunately you have to build all the links yourself. Anton's is automatic.

It's by design. There is quite a bit of crap boonex has put into the code to do that, some of which i have not completely located yet. Modern advanced CSS features with perhaps some javascript.

However it can be corrected with css.

Edit top_menu.css for the template your using and look for this.

div.sys_sm_fixed {
  position: fixed;
  width: 100%;
  top: 0px;
  box-shadow: 0px 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
  z-index: 100;
}

Change position: fixed; to position: relative;

This will allow it to scroll with the rest of the page. There may be a slight visual jump that you might see while scrolling. If that shows up and is a nuisance, a better solution would be to edit the template file navigation_menu_sub.html and remove all the data- tags.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's the way it's meant to be.

As you scroll up the page, the sub menu remains locked at the top. This is okay if the sub menu contains a limited number of options and if you're using a PC.

It can be annoying on a mobile and I'd like to see the sub menu scroll up with the main menu. I've tried changing a few submenu template settings to relevative, but the menu flies off to the left. It bounces back to the middle when you begin to scroll, so I think I'm trying to get it to scroll in the wrong template or relevative isn't the right option..