Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Something went wrong email

I think both the bug reporting email and the switch to either send or not send bug reports to email should be moved to the basic settings where the other email settings are located.  

I am sorry, the error message was correct; A error occurred while loading the page. The system administrator has been notified.

However, there was no email.  Ah, email option; that is probably turned off.  I will check.

Thanks.

In Cheetah 1.1.0 the message that used to say. Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page. has been replaced with A error occurred while loading the page. The system administrator has been notified.

Because you said you found it in the tmp error log, i am guessing it is that one. So either your running a older version of cheetah, or the language key did not get updated during the site upgrade. Anyhow, if it's being logged, than it also should have been emailed if the email option in inc/header.inc.php is set to true.

The only other place in Cheetah that has those words is this error. Sorry, something went wrong and the site is unavailable now, please try again later.

That second one only occurs in the forums, and if that is the case, then no, that one is not emailed. There is no code in the forums to do that.

I don't know if this is a bug or not so for now I am putting it here.  I thought the "something went wrong" message was suppose to email a report to the bug report email listed in header.inc.php.  I had a "something went wrong" incident but never got the email.  I am fairly sure the email is listed correctly.  I am getting other emails from the site.  I located the error by looking at the /tmp error log.