Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Site speed

I did considerable work on videos; formats, ratios, etc. on a Dolphin site.  One thing I did since you can't keep the idiots from recording vertical videos was to detect the ratio of the video and resize the player to fit.  This is much more pleasing than having black bars on a shrunk down video to fit into the default player size.

I should point something out on the speed thing.

There have been some changes on how albums are handled, the standard uploader has been removed, and videos that are uploaded that are already in the proper format are no longer run through the ffmpeg converter.

Videos that are not in the proper format will still be converted which will take time.

So if your referring to the time it takes before a video that has been uploaded to be ready to play, than yes. That has been improved. But nothing else has. Server performance is still a very important factor that has nothing to do with Cheetah.

Yes i was referring to the play, a lot faster. :)

I should point something out on the speed thing.

There have been some changes on how albums are handled, the standard uploader has been removed, and videos that are uploaded that are already in the proper format are no longer run through the ffmpeg converter.

Videos that are not in the proper format will still be converted which will take time.

So if your referring to the time it takes before a video that has been uploaded to be ready to play, than yes. That has been improved. But nothing else has. Server performance is still a very important factor that has nothing to do with Cheetah.

I had just uploaded a video here via my mobile, holy smokes, went super fast, super smooth, very freaking easy, love it!!!! That is EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, BEEN SAYING THIS FOR A DECADE AND ONE DUDE WAS ABLE TO DO IT ON HIS FREAKING OWN!!

DEANO YOU FUDGING ROCK, ALL BY YOURSELF BRO!!

No excuses, no delays, no crying like a b*tch, no 3rd bullcrap parties, none of the crap that a group of programmers have been bitching for yrs!!! Just a matter of time before this fudging platform blows the fudge up and tons of developers will be joining and selling their work here, you deserve it  bro!!!!!!!!

GG & Johnk you both rock too and will look back when this baby takes off like a rocket and say " we were there from the get-go. Deano should one day thank you both, which he probably will, great JOB!!!!!!!!!! and professorsr

speed.jpg112.7K1 views

I'm playing around here to test the speed and i must say, it's real fast. Speed is huge, especially where i'm from, LOVE IT!!!! Keep it up Deano!!!

speed.jpg112.7K1 views