Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Photo Module

I've raised the problem with Anton, but he's now taking weeks to respond to requests.

Yes, I work with several people with Dolphin sites and they report the same.  AntonLV is now working for Boonex on UNA; as well as UNA modules, and he has that as his main focus.

@Geek_Girl, what menu module are you referring to? I didn't know Modzzz had one except for the one for food. I have Anton's Responsive Side Menu but I'm having trouble with it. I've raised the problem with Anton, but he's now taking weeks to respond to requests.

This mod: https://www.boonex.com/m/custom-links

I thought I would use it to put custom menu links on the photo module for better navigation.

Possibly the easiet way to deal with the photos module is to add some half-decent sub-menu items:

View Member's Photos
View My Photos
View My Photos to Friends
View Friend's Photos to Me
View My Albums
View Member's Albums
Add New Photos
Edit Photos
Delete Photos
Move Photos to New Album
Shuffle Photos
Top Star Rated Photos
My Favourites
Photo Categories
Photo Tags
Search

I have a similar sub-menu list on my sites but it's nowhere as comprehensive. The problem is, some admins could change the list and certain things would become inaccessible.  The suggestion I'll be posting as soon as I make it applicable to Cheetah, has it's on directory hierarchy.

@Geek_Girl, what menu module are you referring to? I didn't know Modzzz had one except for the one for food. I have Anton's Responsive Side Menu but I'm having trouble with it. I've raised the problem with Anton, but he's now taking weeks to respond to requests.

I don't have a detail list at the moment.  I was going to use Modzzz's menu module to put in a new menu on the site I managed but I never found the time to do so.  I will start working on what I think is a logical easy to navigate menu structure.

Yes, I read Deano's (long term?) proposal to redesign it in Git-hub and I would love to see this done sooner rather than later. From memory the photo module consists of about 20 separate pages and finding one's way through the menu, sub-menus and sub-sub menus is a pain even for Admins. I'll have to dig through my archives, but I think I did a proposal to get it back to four or five pages and if I recall, I worked on someone modifying the existing module, not creating a new one. If I can find it, I'll put it up as a suggestion.

I think the current module would be okay if it was much easier to use.

I am open to suggestions on where menu items can be placed that would make the current module easier.

What i stated is i intend to eventually replace it. It's a issue listed in my github repo. I think john mentioned the github issue in a forum post here somewhere.

I do agree. It's a mess and i can't find anything either which is why i want to build a new photo module. Unless i can find a easy way to fix the current modules mess.

Deano, I thought I recall you saying that you were going to be making some changes to the photo module but I couldn't locate that post if you did.  I find the menu structure of the photo module very difficult to work with.  I have been using Dolphin for awhile now and I still have trouble finding the correct menu item to do certain tasks.