Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

PayPal Payflow module

Long gone from Boonex but this was a complete rewrite of the membership module that allowed subscriptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgcsmPEVFs

Thanks, I was just looking for information about recuring payments on here. Since you have worked out how to handle our monthly subscription here, it seems that you have this figured out. Any help on that would be appreciated.

Not exactly. The only thing that is subscription based here is the licenses. Those are simple as it is just a button like the one you can generate at the PayPal website.

I have not yet come up with a way that members can purchase a subscription via the membership module and integrating it into the memberships which will not be as easy to do.

Thanks, I was just looking for information about recuring payments on here. Since you have worked out how to handle our monthly subscription here, it seems that you have this figured out. Any help on that would be appreciated.

I agree and i will look into implementing a replacement.

This is sort of related to the pay to join feature.  Many requests on Boonex about having membership subscriptions resulted in Boonex adding the PayPal Payflow module.  It was a poor answer to the subscription feature and required one to pay PayPal extra to have PayPal Payflow.  Subscriptions are already a part of PayPal and there use to be a membership replacement module in the Boonex market that used the PayPal subscriptions to handle recurring membership payments.

I think the PayPal Payflow module can be eliminated as well.  It is a poor way to try to handle recurring membership payments.  A better solution that would not require paying PayPal extra would be to have a method that would tie into the existing PayPal subscriptions.