Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

My perception

so - just started putting something together for my son and his little music group. i only have one thing to say - EVERYTHING WORKS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. i installed, created a new module, installed that - then added pics, vids, and sounds to the new module - and it all works. i didnt have to figure out anything. WOW.

voicerecords,cf

where can i get the template?

I am still deciding if i am going to include this template as part of cheetah. It's not available at the moment. It's not 100% complete.

this is a clone of 7.4.2? if it is - no biggie. but i have to ask - how much time are you actually dedicating to keeping cheetah up and running. seeing a quick response to a question or issue is great - but do you end up spending more time answering questions vs development? is this going to be a majority community effort?

It is a 7.4.2 clone. Many of the dolphin 7.4.2 bugs have been fixed in Cheetah 1.0.0 and there are some other improvements.

Most all of my free time is spent on coding of Cheetah. The rest of what needs to be done i will have to leave up to members that volunteer for those roles. See ROLES in the HELP section.

Also see the release schedule that is also in the HELP section.

Right now there are two major upcoming changes. 1) Removal of flash apps. This is needed because adobe ends support for flash at the end of this year and all major browsers will be removing flash around that time as well. 2) Creating replacements for the Chat and IM that are in Dolphin/Cheetah. There will be bug fixes of course in the next release, but the bulk of my current focus is on those two items for the next version assuming i can finish them both in time for the next release.

So no, i prefer not to spend to much time in the forums if i know there are other people that can answer those questions. That will get better as more experienced dolphin members join the site.

So, I have setup a dedicated server at my home. Since Dolphin has lost its backing, it seems - I will check out how Deano will proceed, With that being said, here is what i have encountered so far.

off top - the color scheme of this website. for some reason. i am loving it. in comparison to boonex - this color scheme does not hurt my eyes and it isnt too dark. makes using this site easy. where can i get the template?

since it was recommended to me by users on the other site - i was - and i will be honest, i still am - a bit skeptical as to how this is going to work out. not trying to be rude at all, but essentially, this is a clone of 7.4.2? if it is - no biggie. but i have to ask - how much time are you actually dedicating to keeping cheetah up and running. seeing a quick response to a question or issue is great - but do you end up spending more time answering questions vs development? is this going to be a majority community effort? if so, what benefits would there be? what kind of numbers do you need to see for this to be beneficial to you?

now - the purpose of this message is not to get an immediate response. i am more so letting you know how my mind wanders and the questions that i will have as this goes forward. i trust you enough to give you a shot - god knows you have helped me many times as well as so many others. but at the same time - i will be a bit critical - but only because i would rather like to see this succeed.

i just joined the day before yesterday, aso i will give it a solid month before i start nit picking. lol. thanks for taking this on - i know i really appreciate it. if there is anything i can do to assist, just let me know.