Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Modzzz Christmas Sale

This is tricky and messy. it's best to create a NEW Cheetah site, but the former can be done with patience

It is possible to migrate a site from Dolphin to Cheetah by hand; no migration tool exists at this time.  The biggest issue I had was in moving photos; you have to make sure you grab the Ray tables as well.

A lot has already been written about this in the forum.

Each developer packs their modules differently, so it's difficult to prepare a step-by-step tutorial.

You can kick off by going to Developer Info in the main menu, then look for Module and Template Conversion Tool.

If you're installing a "new" mod, unzip it and find your way to the actual mod code you are asked to upload to your computer. If you don't find any additional Zip files inside the first zip file, you can simply upload that zip file into the conversion tool. However, if the mod does contain additional zip files, the tool won't accept them.

I go to the folder that needs to be uploaded to Dolphin: (Say) classifieds and zip that folder. I then upload it to the Conversion tool which will produce a set of folders and files you can upload to your Cheetah site.

It's really that simple, however! If it's a working module on your Dolphin site, you will need to somehow pull the fields and records from the database, zip them, run them through the tool just in case any dolphin code exists and append the records to your Cheetah database. This is tricky and messy. it's best to create a NEW Cheetah site, but the former can be done with patience.

Just so you know, you can convert the modules to work on your Cheetah site.

So the modules used within a Boonex site can be ported to the Cheetah platform ? What conversions need to be done? So far, the End Of Support by Boonex hasnt really concerned me since they havent really released much in the past 4 years to warrant that being called support.  I have 14 licenses of Dolphin.....:LOL

Even Monkeys and Retards get It Right With REPITITION - Unknown

Just so you know, you can convert the modules to work on your Cheetah site.

Modzzz is holding a Christmas sale; all modules $10.00 each.   https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Christmas-Sale--2021-12-18.htm