Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Modules

I do know that most of my current modules are compatible to latest version of Dolphin, so should be as well here.

If you have a pre 7.4 module, often all you have to do is to update the constructor; not always, but the majority of the time.  Any module with PHP MySql function calls will have to have those functions converted to Cheetah DB functions.

Here is an example of the constructor

/**

* Constructor

*/

function __construct($aModule)

{

parent::__construct($aModule);

AQB Soft has lost interest in Dolphin and Anton continuously fails to answer my emails.

AndrewP took a job with a company; don't know the name.  AntonLV is working for Boonex on UNA.  Boonex is very anti-Cheetah so I doubt if you will get much help from Anton.

Thanks Johnk, big help my friend. We will give them a try, lol. See how it goes. I do know that most of my current modules are compatible to latest version of Dolphin, so should be as well here.

Most modules should convert okay using Deano's Module and Template Tool: https://www.cheetahwsb.com/m/developer_tools/convert/

Do yourself a big favour and convert/test one module at a time. With regard to licenses, you shouldn't have a problem. Most of the developer's licensing agreements I've looked at state the module can only be used with one application. Dolphin is not specifically mentioned, so using it on Cheetah is okay provided you're not using the module on a live site elsewhere.

Will the developers offer support? Maybe, maybe not! AQB Soft has lost interest in Dolphin and Anton continuously fails to answer my emails. I'm inclined to think the others won't because they wrote the modules specifically for Dolphin. Deano being one exception of course.

Good luck.

Most modules should convert okay using Deano's Module and Template Tool: https://www.cheetahwsb.com/m/developer_tools/convert/

Do yourself a big favour and convert/test one module at a time. With regard to licenses, you shouldn't have a problem. Most of the developer's licensing agreements I've looked at state the module can only be used with one application. Dolphin is not specifically mentioned, so using it on Cheetah is okay provided you're not using the module on a live site elsewhere.

Will the developers offer support? Maybe, maybe not! AQB Soft has lost interest in Dolphin and Anton continuously fails to answer my emails. I'm inclined to think the others won't because they wrote the modules specifically for Dolphin. Deano being one exception of course.

Good luck.

So if we can migrate modules over to cheetah from Dolphin legally? Will the developers support there modules here as well? What if you have a module or two that the developer is not a member of Cheetah or writes for Boonex? I see a few are here but not all...

I have modules by:

Moddzzz

AQB Soft

Deano

Giovantti

and a few others...