Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Instruction Videos?

I'm playing with Flashback, but I have to use canned voices because I've lost my own. I'm preparing a basic installation video which I'll try to support with documentation. I'll let you know how I go.

Just so that you know. Tutorial editors is a separate role on this site which is not fully completed yet. And i also have rules for that role. All videos created must be HD. 720p or higher. If screen records look fuzzy and hard to read when the video is played in full screen, then i will reject them.

It's not easy to do high quality screen recording. Some computers have monitors that do not have a high enough resolution and a computer that is not powerful enough for a decent frame rate. I had to make several attempts myself before i got one that looked good. It's easier now with my 8 core 16 thread computer.

Oh, I thought I would just pull out my phone.... laughing tongue-out

I'm playing with Flashback, but I have to use canned voices because I've lost my own. I'm preparing a basic installation video which I'll try to support with documentation. I'll let you know how I go.

Just so that you know. Tutorial editors is a separate role on this site which is not fully completed yet. And i also have rules for that role. All videos created must be HD. 720p or higher. If screen records look fuzzy and hard to read when the video is played in full screen, then i will reject them.

It's not easy to do high quality screen recording. Some computers have monitors that do not have a high enough resolution and a computer that is not powerful enough for a decent frame rate. I had to make several attempts myself before i got one that looked good. It's easier now with my 8 core 16 thread computer.

I have the memory and cpu power and monitor but not the video card; currently running the onboard graphics.  A new video card is on my want wish but not sure when the money will become available.

Video tuts will be a valuable asset; the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words is very true.

I'm playing with this for another project I have in mind and I've go a long way to go. I'll let you see what I do  when I do it. That could be days or weeks away.

Hi @WillMonte. Thanks for the welcome.

Hey, welcome John!

I was thinking about a YouTube channel simply for the reason of reducing the need for storage space and bandwidth on my own server.

Do you plan to host your own instruction videos or are you opening a YouTube channel? The latter would give Cheetah more exposure I think.