Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Install error

FIXED!!! Yay!

For some reason the upload and install did not properly upload .htaccess file. Just finished doing so. All is well guys. A very big help to all of you. Teamwork is awesome. 

That doesn't look anything like the Cheetah .htaccess file. Make a copy from the original download and replace the one you have on your site. (Make a backup of that htaccess first.)

That doesn't look anything like the Cheetah .htaccess file. Make a copy from the original Cheetah download and replace the one you have on your site. (Make a backup of that htaccess first.)

Cheetah should work after making the changes.

Ok I went and turned on Permalinks again. But it seems that no photos, and certain links are not working, and when clicked creates a 404 error.

This is what my .htaccess file is showing:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.(.*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%1/$1 [R=301,L]

# php -- BEGIN cPanel-generated handler, do not edit
# Set the “ea-php72” package as the default “PHP” programming language.
<IfModule mime_module>
  AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php72 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>
# php -- END cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

# BEGIN cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
# Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
# To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
# For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)
<IfModule php7_module>
   php_flag display_errors Off
   php_value max_execution_time 6000
   php_value max_input_time 6000
   php_value max_input_vars 1000
   php_value memory_limit 256M
   php_value post_max_size 2024M
   php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1440
   php_value session.save_path "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72"
   php_value upload_max_filesize 2024M
   php_flag zlib.output_compression On
</IfModule>
<IfModule lsapi_module>
   php_flag display_errors Off
   php_value max_execution_time 6000
   php_value max_input_time 6000
   php_value max_input_vars 1000
   php_value memory_limit 256M
   php_value post_max_size 2024M
   php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1440
   php_value session.save_path "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72"
   php_value upload_max_filesize 2024M
   php_flag zlib.output_compression On
</IfModule>
# END cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit

Make sure the .htaccess file from the cheetah zip file has been uploaded to the root of your site. the .htaccess file is normally a hidden file by most operating systems so it is quite often missed.

If your sure the proper .htaccess file has been uploaded then you will need to contact your host to find out why the server is not processing it.

Well here is the hitch.

I have a Dolphin site of which is running fine on the same dedicated server. I never had to adjust any of these things in Dolphin. So what is different with Cheetah verses Dolphin that is causing such errors, or need for setting differences? Its the same script.

The server is self managed pretty much. I know I didn't make any different changes between the two, I don't believe?

I'll go back and turn Permalinks back on. It is weird that when I turned off. Some of what was not working, began working.

No, you want to have permalinks on as it creates pretty URLs and makes it easier for members.  What you need to do is to see why permalinks are not working.  It could be that your host has a setting in the .htaccess that might be an issue.

Are you running Nginx?  Nginx requires different rewrite rules and you don't use .htaccess in Nginx.  I was going to write a tutorial on Nginx.  You create a cheetah rewrite file; i.e. cheetah.rewrites.inc and then you include that rewrite rule in your server block.  I can provide a Nginx cheetah rewrite file if you need one.

No, you want to have permalinks on as it creates pretty URLs and makes it easier for members.  What you need to do is to see why permalinks are not working.  It could be that your host has a setting in the .htaccess that might be an issue.

Are you running Nginx?  Nginx requires different rewrite rules and you don't use .htaccess in Nginx.  I was going to write a tutorial on Nginx.  You create a cheetah rewrite file; i.e. cheetah.rewrites.inc and then you include that rewrite file in your server block.  I can provide a Nginx cheetah rewrite file if you need one.

Make sure the .htaccess file from the cheetah zip file has been uploaded to the root of your site. the .htaccess file is normally a hidden file by most operating systems so it is quite often missed.

If your sure the proper .htaccess file has been uploaded then you will need to contact your host to find out why the server is not processing it.

Ok Disabled all Permalinks in the admin advanced settings. Seems to have fixed the issue as of now. I can now use the modules. So... is this going to affect the site having them all disabled?

Forums Admin is still showing 404 though.

Polls creates 404 error

I am actually finding Admin side working with modules to be pretty much flawless with permalinks off.... But when clicking on many links or titles on member side, I still get many 404 errors.

what should I be seeing, changing or adding in .htaccess file?

when clicking to go to profile or many of the included modules, I am getting a 404 error

I am guessing this is a permalink issue.  Check the .htaccess file.  Also, check by turning off permalink for a particular area (done in the backend under Advance Settings) and see if the 404 goes away.

when clicking to go to profile or many of the included modules, I am getting a 404 error

I am guessing this is a permalink issue.  Check the .htaccess file.  Also, check by turning off permalink for a particular area (done in the backend under Advance Settings) and see if the 404 goes away.

Ok seem to have got (Cheatah) installed.

Most is working well. Have found though when clicking to go to profile or many of the included modules, I am getting a 404 error.

I have done a "Server audit" and fixed most things it said where in error. Still need to initialize ffmpeg package, but that is it.

SIDE NOTE: Resolving issue was fixed by host. Improper DNS by them, lol.

I will backtrack to see if set up properly, thanks.

DNS for the domain does not resolve.

You can go to this site to check on the domain name. https://dnschecker.org

Enter your domain name there and it will check the status.

Since it does not resolve, you need to go to the registry where you purchased the domain and make sure the DNS records are properly setup for it and it's pointing to the proper server ip address.

I am on a dedicated server using cPanel. I installed via upload by server side. then unpacked script and moved to public_html. 

Give more detail information.  Are you installing on a dedicated or vps server?  If so, what sort of control panel?  Is this a local install using AMPPS  or one of the other LAMP/LEMP stacks?  If this is a local install, you have to include your domain name in your hosts file and point it to localhost or 127.0.0.1  If this is on a dedicated or vps, you need to point the domain name to your server's IP address.  You would set up a vhost or virtual server in the control panel (if you are using one; you don't have to use a control panel) and then Apache or Nginx would handle the domain name resolution to the proper root directory.

Give more detail information.  Are you installing on a dedicated or vps server?  If so, what sort of control panel?  Is this a local install using AMPPS  or one of the other LAMP/LEMP stacks?  If this is a local install, you have to include your domain name in your hosts file and point it to localhost or 127.0.0.1  If this is on a dedicated or vps, you need to point the domain name to your server's IP address.  You would set up a vhost or virtual server in the control panel (if you are using one; you don't have to use a control panel) and then Apache or Nginx would handle the domain name resolution to the proper root directory.

DNS for the domain does not resolve.

You can go to this site to check on the domain name. https://dnschecker.org

Enter your domain name there and it will check the status.

Since it does not resolve, you need to go to the registry where you purchased the domain and make sure the DNS records are properly setup for it and it's pointing to the proper server ip address.

Ok had this issue with "Dolphin". When running install script, It will not run, instead comes up with a blank page stating that site cannot be reached. I dont remember what I had to do to get it to start the install. Its not a error page that is produced but a simple page stating site could not be reached...

What am I doing wrong?

error.PNG11K5 views