Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Ideas 4 Cheetah

then you can put a module on the market

I am bad for leaving out parts of words.  That was suppose to read; you CANNOT put a module on the market.

If people in the USA like speed, why do they insert huge emoji's and fully quote previous posts? Both of these things consume bandwidth and slow response times down. On a really busy site this could be very significant. I don't believe it's necessary to add Gifs like people do on Facebook or quote the message immediately above. As as example, look at the two recent quotes in this thread. @Geek_Girl's partial quote clearly stated what she was referring to. 

We must also remember that Cheetah is not competing with Twitter or Facebook. As Deano suggested, businesses, clubs and academia don't want "bells and whistles" and from my observation, they're the best chance for Cheetah at present.

Where is Modzzz?? He said he was going to start on mods for Cheetah soon.

Modzzz is still converting his modules to use on UNA.  Boonex has a new policy though that if the function is already a part of UNA then you can put a module on the market that does the same even if that module is an improvement over the function in UNA or has better features.  Hopefully Modzzz will get his modules converted and then can start offering Cheetah modules.

Twitter is twitter. Cheetah is multi-purpose. Not everyone, especially business sites are going to like weird words and phrases for things. Cheetah has to remain general purpose for that reason.

The language keys allow the individual site admin to change the wording to their hearts content. So i will not be changing any of the default wording for anything unless of course the current wording does not make sense, which i have done on a couple of occasions.

Now if you have ideas for new modules or features the majority of site admins will use then suggest them. Keep in mind that features or modules that would only interest a few admins of niche sites are best left to 3'rd party developers.

Cheetah itself needs to remain neutral and general purpose.

We need developers to get on board. Where is Modzzz?? He said he was going to start on mods for Cheetah soon.

He's  over @ UNA

Twitter is twitter. Cheetah is multi-purpose. Not everyone, especially business sites are going to like weird words and phrases for things. Cheetah has to remain general purpose for that reason.

The language keys allow the individual site admin to change the wording to their hearts content. So i will not be changing any of the default wording for anything unless of course the current wording does not make sense, which i have done on a couple of occasions.

Now if you have ideas for new modules or features the majority of site admins will use then suggest them. Keep in mind that features or modules that would only interest a few admins of niche sites are best left to 3'rd party developers.

Cheetah itself needs to remain neutral and general purpose.

We need developers to get on board. Where is Modzzz?? He said he was going to start on mods for Cheetah soon.

If Cheetah platform wants to be a competitor, it needs to offer something different, something with more spunk. The majority of the people in the USA don't like boring sites. They love speed, the love to chat, they like "different" video chat, etc..... If certain phrases, languages can be changed across the entire site to make it more interesting then it should. Look at Twitter, users where ever you go, they say "tweet" tweet this, tweet that, etc....... 

If users make a comment, surely it's a comment? You can change it to what you like using the language keys. The correct term may be "Response" especially if a user is responding to a "Comment".  

What about replacing the word "comment" where users make a comment, and replacing it with "shoutOut?"

I figured i'd create this thread to discuss ideas for Cheetah, i keep trying to think of what can Cheetah offer that FB & Twitter can't or does not currently.