Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

I hate these forums.

You should now be able to set the sort order from the menu above. It is only visible and remembered for logged in users.

The Orca forum is written in XSLT.  There was a replacement forum written in PHP that was sold in the Dolphin market for awhile; it is no longer there.  It was very nice and it was built for Dolphin, integration with alert system; new posts appearing in the outline, etc.  Of course there are several excellent open source forums in existence.  One could look at incorporating one of the open source forum platforms or we could look at integrations with some of the more popular open source forums.

Take your time admin

I hate New Posts First. Is there a way to change that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not yet, but there will be.

Good idea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn't matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone. This is what I found wrong with Dolphin, not enough Admin or User options. Lots of programs ask if you want threads to appear oldest first or visa versa. 

These are the little things which should make Cheetah different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel

I also increased the amount of posts before autopilot kicked in; that can help.  The other thing is to put recent posts at the top of the list.

There was a php based replacement forum that was offered in the Boonex market at one time; PK Forum.  It was only for the main forum and if you wanted forums in groups you had to use the current Orca forum along side of PK Forum.  I could contact the developers of that forum to see if they are interested in developing for Cheetah or perhaps in selling the code.

Oh duh. Autopilot. LOL. I forgot about that thing. I wonder if it will kick in here when the posts exceed 50?

Orca still needs to go.

I forgot the lack of pagination in the default forums.

Until i can come up with a pagination solution i have added a "Scroll To Bottom" down arrow icon to the right of the share icon that will appear when your in the forums. It will at least allow you to jump down to the bottom of the page a bit faster. Especially when browsing with a phone.

I think i also fixed the reply problem with the iPhone. The reply was working, but it was not scrolling back to the top where the editor is placed when replying.

I am trying to decide if i should write my own replacement (which will take months) or integrate Vanilla forums (which will be faster) Orca has got to go.