Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas and happy Holidays from the great white north of Michigan, USA. We had snow for Christmas, and a few wet and cold days. We have awesome beaches too, with no jelly fish or sharks, unfortunately like yours they are unswimable this time of year; but unlike yours it is because the liquid water is slowly doing it's yearly transformation into the solid form. Not a lot of beach goers when the water is 32, but the ice fishers and snow mobiles come out once it freezes over.

Happy Holidays, GG! :)

Thanks Geek_Girl and Willmonte. I'll stick with Merry Christmas to everyone here and to your families, because I think it means more to kids who already seem to spend half the year on holidays. Especially in Australia. I realise most of you are are on the far side of the planet, but we're experiencing temperatures between 95 and 100. Unfortunately we're unable to swim in the ocean in Cairns during any month with an "R" in it because of deadly marine jellyfish. We have a beautiful saltwater lagoon, but I understand that's closed because of the pandemic.  Deano, I hope you can find time to take a break. Please enjoy your Christmas and stay safe.

Yes, we are in the middle of winter while those in the south hemisphere are in the middle of summer.

Still, no matter the season, warm or cold, it is nice to still greet everyone with Merry Christmas and warm best wishes from the heart.

Thanks Geek_Girl and Willmonte. I'll stick with Merry Christmas to everyone here and to your families, because I think it means more to kids who already seem to spend half the year on holidays. Especially in Australia. I realise most of you are are on the far side of the planet, but we're experiencing temperatures between 95 and 100. Unfortunately we're unable to swim in the ocean in Cairns during any month with an "R" in it because of deadly marine jellyfish. We have a beautiful saltwater lagoon, but I understand that's closed because of the pandemic.  Deano, I hope you can find time to take a break. Please enjoy your Christmas and stay safe.

cairns_small.jpg64.2K19 views

I want to take this time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or whatever you celebrate at this time of the year.  May the coming year be filled with joy and happiness for everyone.