Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Forum Attachments

Pity. I can do it by hand, so I'll continue to allow uploads.

Will it be an easy job to add the code necessary to reduce the forum attachment photos when they're uploaded by the member?

Not for the forum. It will not be easy at all. Anything having to do with the forums is a pain in the ass as it is a xsl script with php to integrate it. I have it on my to do list and have poked around with it a few times with no success so far.

I'm hoping this won't be too difficult.

When a member uploads a photo via the photos module, it's automatically reduced and the compression level is set. I have my photos set for 700 with a compression of 80%

However, when someone posts a photo attachment in the forum, the photo remains it's original size. 

One of my members just posted two photos of 4.5meg each and they take an eternity to render. Not only that, they're consuming a massive amount of disk space.

I manually reloaded the photos at 700 x 80%, they were both under 100kb and rendered instantly.

Will it be an easy job to add the code necessary to reduce the forum attachment photos when they're uploaded by the member?