Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Creating articles

@Willmonte, please also consider that the modules originally supplied with Dolphin and included in Cheetah are far from brilliant. Third Party developers like Modzzz and Anton have produced hundreds of vastly improved modules, but at a price. I have a four Dolphin sites and the only Boonex modules I use are Photos, Videos, and the Forum. The rest have been purchased from Anton or Modzzz. Although the Boonex modules are adequate in some circumstances, they are very basic. I have no idea how the UNA modules compare, but Deano will hopefully give a new breath of life to the Cheetah script and then we can all move forward.

Yep, looking forward to this happening!

@Willmonte, please also consider that the modules originally supplied with Dolphin and included in Cheetah are far from brilliant. Third Party developers like Modzzz and Anton have produced hundreds of vastly improved modules, but at a price. I have a four Dolphin sites and the only Boonex modules I use are Photos, Videos, and the Forum. The rest have been purchased from Anton or Modzzz. Although the Boonex modules are adequate in some circumstances, they are very basic. I have no idea how the UNA modules compare, but Deano will hopefully give a new breath of life to the Cheetah script and then we can all move forward.

The nag screen is irregular. Sometimes you can go for days without seeing it and others it may appear every time you access admin. Compared to the ads on YouTube, it's hardly an annoyance.  Just click the . . . "or Continue unregistered" link on the bottom left of the window. 

What you saw is just a nag to buy and register a license. There is a continue unregistered link at the bottom of that popup.

So nothing in Cheetah requires a license to use, but nagging to try a get admins to buy one is needed. Dolphin does the same thing.

I hear you and perhaps i might do that when ready. I will let you know!

What you saw is just a nag to buy and register a license. There is a continue unregistered link at the bottom of that popup.

So nothing in Cheetah requires a license to use, but nagging to try a get admins to buy one is needed. Dolphin does the same thing.

Is this what you saw?

yes

If you updated any of your files from the cheetah github repo, what you saw may have just been the site is unlicensed popup nag. Pretty much the same nag you get on unlicensed dolphin sites. Mine says unregistered, dolphins says trial. But basically the same thing. Wait about an hour or so. If it's what i think it is, it should popup every once in a while. But you should not be seeing that unless you updated files from the repo. The first beta is missing the nag.

And correct. Article and News are both admin modules. They are not for the members to use, so yes, no + on the front end.  The same as a dolphin site. Been awhile since you have run dolphin i guess. Maybe your playing with UNA now.

Yes it's been a while using Dolphin and yes was playing with UNA for long time, but decided to take a break from it and play here on Cheetah. Especially since you are making many changes and bringing it back to life. I will do what i can to make Cheetah a success. Not leaving UNA, but i like Dolphin which will become Cheetah a lot better. Plus a lot of money and well...u know the rest. ;)

Is this what you saw?

unregistered.png16.3K20 views

If you updated any of your files from the cheetah github repo, what you saw may have just been the site is unlicensed popup nag. Pretty much the same nag you get on unlicensed dolphin sites. Mine says unregistered, dolphins says trial. But basically the same thing. Wait about an hour or so. If it's what i think it is, it should popup every once in a while. But you should not be seeing that unless you updated files from the repo. The first beta is missing the nag.

And correct. Article and News are both admin modules. They are not for the members to use, so yes, no + on the front end.  The same as a dolphin site. Been awhile since you have run dolphin i guess. Maybe your playing with UNA now.

That is so weird, i kid you not, i got that message and then it prompted me to here Cheetah, oh well. The only i can create it is if i go to admin panel, there is no icon on the front of the site like the "+" symbol, am i correct with this one?

Articles Home.png103.6K0 views

Ok, will be back

Show me a screen shot of what your seeing. I just did a article test post on a unlicensed site and it worked fine.

Nope. Has to be a bug. I will take a look.

Ok, i attempted to create an article using admin account, but was rejected due to having to purchase a license, am i correct Deano?