Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Conversion tool

Ok here it is as it was converted.

Yet still I get a blank page. Still not sure what is causing my issue.

zip up the module and attached it and I will take a look.  I have a cheetah test site set up.

Ok. The 3 files in the root of that archive. admin.php, demo.php and request.php did not convert. My guess is most likely because the converter is only scanning the content of sub-directories.

I am guessing your going into the hpc folder itself and zipping up whats in there. Try backing up one directory and zip up the hpc folder itself naming the zipfile as aqb.zip Then upload that to the converter.

Then when you download the converted zip and extract it you will have a abq folder with a hpc folder in it that will contain the converted files. Which is as it should be.

Ok here it is as it was converted.

zip up the module and attached it and I will take a look.  I have a cheetah test site set up.

hpc.rar36.7K1 downloads

I have followed this to the T. Haha, Yet still I get a blank page. Still not sure what is causing my issue.

Ok Update: On another try I changed the hpc, to HPC, now it shows up and tries to install, but with a failure. (Could not install failure)

I installed it on my Dolphin site without a hitch...

Thanks Geek_Girl. That made me delve deeper. I had several versions from Anton which should have been deleted. I did a WinMerge scan on them and noticed one had the Construct line in install.php. I installed that version and it's running fine.

All modules are version 1.0 but I had a lot of trouble to get this running in the past. There were several emails to Anton.

@JZandreiatti you will probably have the same version as the one I just installed. Make sure you have, or create a new folder in your modules directory called aqb. Place the HPC folder in that directory. Make sure that when you open the HPC folder the very next items you see are:
Classes
Install
js
Templates
etc.

Sometimes developers including Anton have a folder called HPC followed by another folder of the same name. The "last" HPC folder is the one you must upload. If you don't, the module won't run.

If you wish to see it working on my test site, PM me.

Thanks Geek_Girl. That made me delve deeper. I had several versions from Anton which should have been deleted. I did a WinMerge scan on them and noticed one had the Construct line in install.php. I installed that version and it's running fine.

All modules are version 1.0 but I had a lot of trouble to get this running in the past. There were several emails to Anton.

@JZandreiatti you will probably have the same version as the one I just installed. Make sure you have, or create a new folder in your modules directory called aqb. Place the HPC folder in that directory. Make sure that when you open the HPC folder the very next items you see are:
Classes
Install
js
Templates
etc.

Sometimes developers including Anton have a folder called HPC followed by another folder of the same name. The "last" HPC folder is the one you must upload. If you don't, the module won't run.

If you wish to see it working on my test site, PM me.

parent::ChWsbModule($aModule);

Apparently the module is not completely ready for Dolphin 7.4.x

Change that line to what Deano posted:

parent::__construct($aModule);

Go through all the files in the classes folder and check each one to make sure the class constructors are properly formed.  By the way, the parent line doesn't necessary follow the function statement; so check looking for parent.

Thanks Deano. It installed, but it produced another error.

Message: Call to undefined method ChWsbModule::ChWsbModule()
File: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/modules/aqb/hpc/classes/AqbHPCModule.php
Line: 25

This is line 25 (red)

function __construct($aModule) {
            parent::ChWsbModule($aModule);
        }
        function getSettings() {
            $iCat = $this->_oDb->getOne("SELECT `ID` FROM `sys_options_cats` WHERE `name`='" . $this->_oConfig->getUri() . "'");
            $oSettings = new ChWsbAdminSettings($iCat, CH_WSB_URL_ROOT.$this->_oConfig->getBaseUri().'admin/');
            return $oSettings->getForm();
         }

The trace is:

Trace: 

#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbRequest.php(133): __construct(Array)

#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbRequest.php(101): _require(Array, 'AqbHPCModule')

#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbRequest.php(61): _perform(Array, 'AqbHPCModule', 'serviceGetCarouselCode', Array, false)

#3 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbService.php(41): processAsService(Array, 'serviceGetCarouselCode', Array, 'Module')

#4 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbTemplate.php(2004) : eval()'d code(1): call('aqb_hpc', 'get_carousel_code', Array)

#5 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbTemplate.php(2004): eval()

#6 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbTemplate.php(1545): processInjection(1, 'injection_content_before')

#7 (): {closure}(Array)

#8 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbTemplate.php(1562): preg_replace_callback(''<ch_injection:([^\s]+) />'s', Closure, '<!DOCTYPE html>

<html dir="LTR">

The code in the Installer package is:

require_once(CH_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSES . "ChWsbInstaller.php");
class AqbHPCInstaller extends ChWsbInstaller {
      function __construct($aConfig) {
            parent::ChWsbInstaller($aConfig);

}

}

I'm now off to see if this is what I wrote to Anton about.

That code is not correct. The parent construct did not convert properly apparently.

The code should look like this.

parent::__construct($aConfig);
    }
}

I tried installing it and got the following error:

Type: Error
Message: Call to undefined method ChWsbInstaller::ChWsbInstaller()
File: /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/modules/aqb/hpc/install/installer.php
Line: 21
Trace: 
#0 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbInstallerUi.php(565): __construct(Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/inc/classes/ChWsbInstallerUi.php(389): _perform(Array, 'install')
#2 /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/cheetah/administration/modules.php(64): actionInstall(Array)

I'm no good at sorting out code, so we'll have to wait until Deano or Geek_Girl responds.

The code in the Installer package is:

parent::ChWsbInstaller($aConfig);

}

}

I'm now off to see if this is what I wrote to Anton about.

I doubt it very much. Home Page carousel could be buggy. I use use one on my profile pages, but not the home page. I seem to recall having to consult Anton a few times on this one. let me read the correspondence and I'll get back to you.

Well I finally got Cheetah to see and run install for the file from AQB Soft called "Home Page Carousel", but when it tries to install, it fails. I have run it through the convertor here, and then of course used the proper version. All is working up to the actual install, it returns a fail when it does so.  So it doesn't get installed. I've tried a few other routes but all end in failure.

You don't think AQB Soft has implemented some kind of blocking on his scripts/Modules to prevent usage on this platform do you??? Haha. Just asking.

I've got a feeling I wrote a forum post on this. I planned to write a tutorial, but felt I may be treading on Modzzz's toes. If you can PM me with the module writes involved or post them here, I can tell you what files you have to Zip for some of them.

For example, Modzzz usually zips his files thus:

Modulename/Dolphin version.zip

You need to unzip the version you want (7.4.2) In the unzipped file you will find:

Modules (directory)
Files (Directory)
readme.txt
readme_languages.txt

Open the Modules Directory. Here you will find one or two directories:

Modzzzz
Boonex

Open the Modzzz Directory and you will find the module directory (ie Classifieds). This is the directory you need to zip and run through the converter. You can ignore any other files here. Just zip the Classified directory.

If there is a Boonex directory as well, you need to also open this. In here you will usually find a directory called Forum. Open it.

Click Integrations and you'll see a directory for Classifieds. You need to zip the Classified directory and run it through the converter as well.

You can then follow the installation instructions supplied in the module.

If you are asked to alter the .htaccess file as well, make sure you replace all instances of boonex with cheetah.

Good luck.

To make it easier for them, most developers coding for Dolphin had one store product that held all versions of their product.  Often when you unzip the module, inside of that zip file would be multiple zip files for each version.  Unzip the module you want converted and find the 7.4.x version zip file.  That is the one you will want to upload.  If there isn't a 7.4.x listed; you can look at the 7.3.x version to see if the class constructor is in the proper form.  If not, many 7.3.x modules can be made to work on 7.4.x; and thus on Cheetah, by going through and correcting the class constructor for each file; I outlined this in an earlier thread.  The only other issue you may find is if the module uses php mysql functions that have been deprecated.  Those must be converted to use Dolphin functions; the conversion tool does all of the Dolphin to Cheetah conversion including changing the names of the functions.  I suppose you could go ahead and change the function names to the Cheetah names without it causing any issues.

No. Other zip files usually contain other versions of the module for different versions of dolphin or other files the module may need.

Basically to convert a module you need the files that would normally be uploaded to your site in the modules folder for the 7.4.2 version of dolphin. Nothing else. It will require you to basically go through the modules install instructions to determine what gets uploaded to the modules folder on your server because that is all you will need to have converted.

So if it helps, picture this. Say you have a running dolphin site and you want to convert a module from modzzz. Say the suggestions module. So you basically just zip up the modules/modzzz/suggestions folder and that's it.

Unfortunately i cannot write a conversion tool that deals with nested zip files. There are to many ways in which a developer can pack up the modules which is what complicates things. So unfortunately the end user doing the conversion has to figure out what files in those multiple zip files is the actual module for the proper version of dolphin.

So I am trying to use the conversion tool to convert some modules to work on Cheetah. But I am getting this error: 

The uploaded zip file Homepage Photos Carousel.zip contained other ZIP files. Nested zip files are not allowed. Homepage Photos Carousel.zip was not converted.

How or what is the proper way to convert. You have to have the zipped files within the zip file don't you to have a module work properly? Which would require all existing files or zips within the primary zip file.