Forums  ›  Developers  ›  Developer Requests

Clean landing page

Thanks folks! That gives me a couple of good ways to do this. I'll try to fumble through it first, then take you up on the instructions if I don't get it.

I also use @Geek_Girls second method. This can all be done from Profile Fields Builder and Menu Builder. Both give you the ability to decide what non members see. My home page just has a splash screen, a message for prospective members to read, plus a login block. Once the member logs in, his home page doesn't show the splash screen or the message. All they see is the normal stuff you'd expect on a home page.

If you can't figure it out, let me know and I 'll try to create a simple tutorial.

Yes, there are two ways to do this.

One way is to create a splash.php page which checks to see if the member is logged in or not.  The splash page will contain the join and login button and forms.  Once the member logs in, the splash page will redirect the user to what ever page you wish.

The second way is to simply hide the menu and the blocks on the home page if the member is not logged in.  You can still show the splash block to guests and have it showing highlights from the site.

I used the second method on my site because I didn't want the whole splash.php page checks and redirects since you can easily hide things to guests.

I would like a simple clean landing page for non members that comes up before the current home page of the site. A landing page that is clean of the rest of the site menus, members, and stuff on the current home page. I would think this should be quite simple.

Thanks,

Steve