Forums  ›  Developers  ›  Developer Notices

Cheetah sendMail function.

as it stands right now - how to get mail working. i have required ports open but not getting any mails from the site 9ie test mail or invite a friend email0

Are you running Postfix mail server? 

as it stands right now - how to get mail working. i have required ports open but not getting any mails from the site 9ie test mail or invite a friend email0

I think part of the Boonex problem was that a lot of code was done by developers that left Boonex.  I think one of the big issues with UNA is that they dusted off old code; I know for a fact the Studio of UNA was coded some eleven to twelve years ago, and the developers that coded left.  Unless there was good documentation on all of it, the current two coders at UNA have to decipher a lot of stuff; sort of reverse engineering stuff.

Developer Notice!

At some point in time, most likely before the release of the second stable version of Cheetah. Version 1.1.0 most likely. The sendMail function in Cheetah will be replaced.

It has been bugging me for quite some time as to why Boonex is using the deficient built in PHP mail function to send emails. When Boonex created the SMTP mailer module, they included the PHPMailer class but still continued to use the built in Mail function for everything else.

The PHPMailer class is far superior to the built in function and if boonex integrated it as they should have, a separate SMTP mailer module should not have been necessary.

Anyhow. WordPress, Drupal, Yii, Joomla and many others all use this mailer class. And i intend to use it in Cheetah as well.

It is not known at this time if i can make the current sendMail function backwards compatible with older modules or not. Not many third party modules use the sendMail function so this will not affect many developers, and developers will get plenty of advanced notice before it is replaced.