Forums  ›  This website  ›  Release Announcements

Cheetah 1.2.0 Final has been released.

Hmm, ok. I will look into that.

Here is an update.  Last night it kept showing the admin avatar when I did the "login as;" today it is showing the member's avatar.  Perhaps some caching issue was at play.  It may not be something that we need to worry about at this time; just make a note of this.

GG, it still does it, from my experience is when using the "log in as" button.

Here is an update.  Last night it kept showing the admin avatar when I did the "login as;" today it is showing the member's avatar.  Perhaps some caching issue was at play.  It may not be something that we need to worry about at this time; just make a note of this.

Bug when using avatar module instead of profile photos for the thumbnail on the profile cover.  When using "login as user" button, when it loads the page it shows the admin's avatar instead of the member's avatar.

It actually does the same if using the "upload avatar" option, in other words, even if your logged in as any user and want to change your avatar, it does but also adds it to all accounts on the site.

Bug when using avatar module instead of profile photos for the thumbnail on the profile cover.  When using "login as user" button, when it loads the page it shows the admin's avatar instead of the member's avatar.

So with this upgrade/Update? Does anyone know if the modules available for previous version that worked will they still work in this new version. (I'm speaking about the Dolphin modules) 

Yes, they should be fine.

So with this upgrade/Update? Does anyone know if the modules available for previous version that worked will they still work in this new version. (I'm speaking about the Dolphin modules) 

Also for note the biggest difference between my evolution light template and all of the default boonex templates is the menu. The menu of the evolution light template is more complex and has more javascript and processing that occurs especially when the browser is resized. The additional memory requirements of the template or the extra script calculations to determine what goes in the more menu or not may also contribute to it in some way.

I fixed the bad gateway error by increasing the fast cgi parameters in the server block for the website.

fastcgi_buffers 128 128k;
fastcgi_buffer_size 128k;
fastcgi_connect_timeout 3000;
fastcgi_send_timeout 3000;
fastcgi_read_timeout 3000;

from the old setting of

fastcgi_buffer_size 4K;
fastcgi_buffers 64 4k; 

increasing the timeout from the default settings may have been the real cure.  Here is the funny thing; the beta site, 1.2.0 beta works fine with the default settings for timeout and for the buffer size.  There is a difference from the beta to the live site and that is the beta was just for testing and did not have any third party modules installed; just the Cheetah modules.

NOTE:

I have repacked the full install zip file for version 1.2.0. The one originally provided contained a extra folder named Cheetah-master which contains a copy of all of the files from the GitHub repo. If your new install of 1.2.0 has this folder, you should delete that folder. It should not be there.

The new copy of the zip file available for download does not contain that unneeded folder.

Question for Deano; were there any changes in the evolution_light template between the beta release and the full release?

None.

Restored the site, applied the upgrade through ftp, and still get the gateway error on switching to the evolution_light template but not on switching to any other template.  Normally this means that Nginx was unable to communicate with php-fpm; often a result of misconfigs in the pool.  The same pool handles the rest of the website.  I could play around with the settings in the pool but why would the evolution_light template required changes and not the others?  Why does it work OK on the beta 1.2.0 site which has basically the same settings both in the nginx server block and the pool?

Question for Deano; were there any changes in the evolution_light template between the beta release and the full release?

I am going to restore the VS and then reapply the upgrade and probably use ftp to transfer the files; could have been the file manager in virtualmin.  I did a tarball yesterday using the file manager and it would not complete the archive.  I used the command line to create the tarball and it worked perfectly.

Works fine on my Android phone running FireFox.  WillMonte is seeing the same issue on his laptop running Windows 7 with current FireFox browser.  I am not sure how to track this down.

Update, Will stated that it does not work on his mobile phone.

Just checked my 2 test sites with firefox in linux mint 18.3 and both sites load the template fine.

https://installtest.cheetahwsb.com This one is a fresh install of cheetah 1.2.0

And

https://upgradetest.cheetahwsb.com This one is a upgrade to cheetah 1.2.0 from 1.1.0

Don't see why. I run the latest browsers as well.

Have you tried uploading the upgrade files again?

My procedure was to download the upgrade zip from your sever to my server and then extracted it on the server and then copied and replaced/merge the files.  Tomorrow I will do fresh install and see if that is any different.

Have you tried uploading the upgrade files again? Perhaps one of the files for the template is corrupt.

I just tested this on the Pale Moon browser; which is actually an old version that has not been updated.  It is failing on FireFox and Opera which are up to date.  Interesting.  I will see about updating Pale Moon tomorrow and see if it fails after the upgrade.  Could it be changes in the javascript interpreter in the updated browsers?

Have you tried uploading the upgrade files again? Perhaps one of the files for the template is corrupt.

Nginx 1.21.3, php 7.2.24, server OS CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 

The evolution_light template returns 502 Bad Gateway when switching to the template.  The evolution_light template works on the beta version running with the same server block configuration and the same pool configuration so I don't see how it could be a configuration error if the beta site is working fine when switching template to evolution_light.  I have increased the max execution time for php with no change in results.  All instructions were followed during the upgrade.  I can see about doing a full install to a subdomain tomorrow to see if it is related to the upgrade.

The patch is not shown under the button, but just replace filename with the name of the patch file.

I see what I did wrong; I thought the patches were in /patches directory under downloads

For the full installer it's https://www.cheetahwsb.com/downloads/Cheetah-1.2.0.zip

It's also listed on the download page under the button for the full install. The patch is not shown under the button, but just replace filename with the name of the patch file.

So for the current patch the link is.

https://www.cheetahwsb.com/downloads/Cheetah-Patch-1.1.0-1.2.0.zip

You mentioned this before but I forgot.  What are the direct download links?  I like to just do a server to server transfer of the patch to my server.

Thanks Deano.

Cheetah 1.2.0 final has been released. 

See downloads page to get the full installer for this version.

The upgrade patch can be downloaded here. Cheetah-Patch-1.1.0-1.2.0

List of issues that have been fixed in this version. https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.2.0+is%3Aclosed

Below are the upgrade instructions which are just the generic instructions normally provided for Dolphin. I am open to suggestions on any rewrites to these instructions to make them clearer if needed.

Cheetah Upgrade Instructions from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Step 0

Back up your current Cheetah files, folders and database.

NOTE: This upgrade will work with the official Cheetah 1.1.0 version ONLY. If you applied some fixes to your Cheetah 1.1.0 then this patch should work in most cases, but there are some fixes that may cause conflict.

Step 1

Download and extract the patch Cheetah-Patch-1.1.0-1.2.0 and upload its files to your current installation, replacing all old files. Make sure that old files were REALLY replaced - the site can become nonfunctional at all if old files are still in place.

Step 2

Remove the upgrade/.htaccess file via FTP or SSH.

Make sure that you removed .htaccess file from "upgrade" directory! Do not remove .htaccess file from Cheetah root folder, it will make almost all links on the site stop working.

NOTE: You may need to change your FTP client settings to show hidden files to see the .htaccess file in your FTP manager.

Step 3

Open the following URL in your favorite browser:

http://your-domain.com/path-to-cheetah/upgrade/

Replace your-domain.com and path-to-cheetah with your real values.

Apply all available updates. The script detects suitable updates automatically.

Step 4

Please follow and read all automatically completed steps of the upgrade script, paying special attention to the last step. The last step of this upgrade is IMPORTANT. You will be given special instructions by the script which you will have to do MANUALLY.

Step 5

Report any occurrence of bugs in this forum.

Thank you

It's here, it's here. happy dance.  Thank you Deano for all your hard work, your dedication.  It is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheetah 1.2.0 final has been released. 

See downloads page to get the full installer for this version.

The upgrade patch can be downloaded here. Cheetah-Patch-1.1.0-1.2.0

List of issues that have been fixed in this version. https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.2.0+is%3Aclosed

Below are the upgrade instructions which are just the generic instructions normally provided for Dolphin. I am open to suggestions on any rewrites to these instructions to make them clearer if needed.

Cheetah Upgrade Instructions from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0

Step 0

Back up your current Cheetah files, folders and database.

NOTE: This upgrade will work with the official Cheetah 1.1.0 version ONLY. If you applied some fixes to your Cheetah 1.1.0 then this patch should work in most cases, but there are some fixes that may cause conflict.

Step 1

Download and extract the patch Cheetah-Patch-1.1.0-1.2.0 and upload its files to your current installation, replacing all old files. Make sure that old files were REALLY replaced - the site can become nonfunctional at all if old files are still in place.

Step 2

Remove the upgrade/.htaccess file via FTP or SSH.

Make sure that you removed .htaccess file from "upgrade" directory! Do not remove .htaccess file from Cheetah root folder, it will make almost all links on the site stop working.

NOTE: You may need to change your FTP client settings to show hidden files to see the .htaccess file in your FTP manager.

Step 3

Open the following URL in your favorite browser:

http://your-domain.com/path-to-cheetah/upgrade/

Replace your-domain.com and path-to-cheetah with your real values.

Apply all available updates. The script detects suitable updates automatically.

Step 4

Please follow and read all automatically completed steps of the upgrade script, paying special attention to the last step. The last step of this upgrade is IMPORTANT. You will be given special instructions by the script which you will have to do MANUALLY.

Step 5

Report any occurrence of bugs in this forum.