Forums  ›  This website  ›  Release Announcements

Cheetah 1.1.0 Final Released.

Did the location of video files change with the 1.1.0 release of Cheetah?

Just noticed on the final 1.1.0 that the old flash based chat is still listed in the list of modules.

Ok. The final zip file and the patch file have been updated. They no longer include ffmpeg. The new zip file size is down to 18.6MB and the patch is down to 617KB and the embed bug has been fixed.

Unfortunately even if your only using video embeds, you will still need to download and install the FFmpeg package. It should not be required for embeds, but embeds do not work without it. You can find those packages in the downloads section.

I spent over a day trying to track down where boonex is calling for it during embeds, but was not able to locate it. So i will have to plan that fix for the next version.

For those that have already updated their sites to version 1.1.0, just download the patch again and upload the new files with the exception of the upgrade folder which you will not need to patch an existing 1.1.0 install. For those that have not yet upgraded, download the patch and upgrade as normal.

I'll look into it.

The patch and final zip files are going to be replaced anyway. While i was working on the ffmpeg issue i found a serious bug. Turns out embedding video urls from youtube in the video module does not work. I only found out after trying to see if embedding still required ffmpeg.

Just tested the beta release and yes, can't embed video.  Sorry I didn't catch that.  This is why it is important that we help Deano by testing beta releases.

I'll look into it.

The patch and final zip files are going to be replaced anyway. While i was working on the ffmpeg issue i found a serious bug. Turns out embedding video urls from youtube in the video module does not work. I only found out after trying to see if embedding still required ffmpeg.

I downloaded the patch using the link provided below but the actual Patchs page states no patches are available.

Wow; thank you Deano for all the hard work you are doing.  We do appreciate it.

Cheetah 1.1.0 final has been released. 

See downloads page to get the full installer for this version.

The upgrade patch can be downloaded here. Cheetah-Patch-1.0.0-1.1.0

List of issues that have been fixed in this version. https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.1.0+is%3Aclosed

Below are the upgrade instructions which are just the generic instructions normally provided for Dolphin. I am open to suggestions on any rewrites to these instructions to make them clearer if needed.

Cheetah Upgrade Instructions from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0

Step 0

Back up your current Cheetah files, folders and database.

NOTE: This upgrade will work with the official Cheetah 1.0.0 version ONLY. If you applied some fixes to your Cheetah 1.0.0 then this patch should work in most cases, but there are some fixes that may cause conflict.

Step 1

Download and extract the patch Cheetah-Patch-1.0.0-1.1.0 and upload its files to your current installation, replacing all old files. Make sure that old files were REALLY replaced - the site can become nonfunctional at all if old files are still in place.

Step 2

Remove the upgrade/.htaccess file via FTP or SSH.

Make sure that you removed .htaccess file from "upgrade" directory! Do not remove .htaccess file from Cheetah root folder, it will make almost all links on the site stop working.

NOTE: You may need to change your FTP client settings to show hidden files to see the .htaccess file in your FTP manager.

Step 3

Open the following URL in your favorite browser:

http://your-domain.com/path-to-cheetah/upgrade/

Replace your-domain.com and path-to-cheetah with your real values.

Apply all available updates. The script detects suitable updates automatically.

Step 4

Please follow and read all automatically completed steps of the upgrade script, paying special attention to the last step. The last step of this upgrade is IMPORTANT. You will be given special instructions by the script which you will have to do MANUALLY.

Step 5

Report any occurrence of bugs in this forum.

Awesome!!!!!!

Cheetah 1.1.0 final has been released. 

See downloads page to get the full installer for this version.

The upgrade patch can be downloaded here. Cheetah-Patch-1.0.0-1.1.0

List of issues that have been fixed in this version. https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.1.0+is%3Aclosed

Below are the upgrade instructions which are just the generic instructions normally provided for Dolphin. I am open to suggestions on any rewrites to these instructions to make them clearer if needed.

Cheetah Upgrade Instructions from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0

Step 0

Back up your current Cheetah files, folders and database.

NOTE: This upgrade will work with the official Cheetah 1.0.0 version ONLY. If you applied some fixes to your Cheetah 1.0.0 then this patch should work in most cases, but there are some fixes that may cause conflict.

Step 1

Download and extract the patch Cheetah-Patch-1.0.0-1.1.0 and upload its files to your current installation, replacing all old files. Make sure that old files were REALLY replaced - the site can become nonfunctional at all if old files are still in place.

Step 2

Remove the upgrade/.htaccess file via FTP or SSH.

Make sure that you removed .htaccess file from "upgrade" directory! Do not remove .htaccess file from Cheetah root folder, it will make almost all links on the site stop working.

NOTE: You may need to change your FTP client settings to show hidden files to see the .htaccess file in your FTP manager.

Step 3

Open the following URL in your favorite browser:

http://your-domain.com/path-to-cheetah/upgrade/

Replace your-domain.com and path-to-cheetah with your real values.

Apply all available updates. The script detects suitable updates automatically.

Step 4

Please follow and read all automatically completed steps of the upgrade script, paying special attention to the last step. The last step of this upgrade is IMPORTANT. You will be given special instructions by the script which you will have to do MANUALLY.

Step 5

Report any occurrence of bugs in this forum.