Forums  ›  This website  ›  Release Announcements

Cheetah 1.1.0 Beta 1 has been released.

Ok. Sorry for the delay. Got dragged off by family to some Christmas related thing i did not want to really go to anyway.

Beta 2 is out. See downloads page to get it. It will run for a couple of days just to make sure i did not miss anything else, then i will continue getting the final ready.

A problem was discovered by Geek_Girl in 1.1.0 Beta 1 that prevented the default modules from being installed. I did not notice it as i was focused on verifying all the changes i made were working, i did not look at the modules. My bad. Thank you Geek_Girl for noticing it.

I will be fixing that, and a second beta will be released within a hour or so just to verify that issue has been corrected. This beta will not run for long as it should be the only issue. I will still be releasing the final by the end of the month.

Also see you changed back to having it extract to a directory; probably best for some users.  Doesn't matter to me either way.

Yes. After you last mentioned it, i switched back as i felt it would be the safer choice.

Are their plans for being able to download directly to the server?  I attempted but got some strange file so had to download to my local machine and then upload.

If you mean using WGET, you can, but the url would be different.

https://www.cheetahwsb.com/downloads/Cheetah-1.1.0.B1.zip

I will probably add the direct urls for WGET to the download page for people that prefer to use it.

Also see you changed back to having it extract to a directory; probably best for some users.  Doesn't matter to me either way.

Are their plans for being able to download directly to the server?  I attempted but got some strange file so had to download to my local machine and then upload.

The beta testing phase is now over. I am currently in the process of cleanup and packaging of the final version and testing of the finals upgrade process to verify nothing has been missed.

The final will be release sometime before the end of the month. The 25'th is Christmas so unlikely it will happen then or over that weekend, so it will be closer to the end of the month.

Hello, had some computer issues, site is looking real nice, great job!

The beta testing phase is now over. I am currently in the process of cleanup and packaging of the final version and testing of the finals upgrade process to verify nothing has been missed.

The final will be release sometime before the end of the month. The 25'th is Christmas so unlikely it will happen then or over that weekend, so it will be closer to the end of the month.

I haven't downloaded it to test.  I got four major projects going.  I will try to beta test.

UPDATE: There will not be a second beta release this time.

There have been no reported problems with Beta 1 and i have not found any myself. And because nothing so far has been changed, Beta 1 will run through to the end of Beta 2's normal schedule.

Thanks Deano, I will try to get the beta installed in a few days and then test it.

Cheetah 1.1.0 Beta 1 has been released. https://www.cheetahwsb.com/page/downloads

Betas do not include upgrades and are not intended to be used to upgrade an existing site. Install a fresh copy to a subdomain or sub folder for testing. Please report any bugs found.

List of issues taken care of in this version. https://github.com/CheetahWSB/Cheetah/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.1.0+is%3Aclosed

Changes you should be aware of.

1) The paypal payflow module has been removed from the main cheetah distribution. I intend on adding subscription support to the normal payment module.
2) The Messenger module has been removed. This is a flash based module and most likely will not work after December anyway.
3) The Flash section has been removed from the admin modules section. All settings you would need for audio/video are now in Settings->Advanced Settings->FFmpeg Settings
4) FFmpeg has been moved from the flash folder to it's own folder in the plugins folder. There is also a copy of FFprobe as well as windows versions for both. Cheetah now auto detects and uses the appropriate version of FFmpeg depending on OS detected. There is no longer a need to download a separate version for windows.
5) The admin members section has new features.
6) Uploads of Sounds and Videos already in the proper format are no longer queued for conversion. They become available immediately. For sounds this is MP3 for Videos it's MP4/H.264
7) The languages section in admin now allows batch adding of multiple keys at the same time.

I am sure there are others that i have missed in this list, but these are the most notable ones.