Forums  ›  This website  ›  Release Announcements

Cheetah 1.0.0.B3 Released.

Sorry for the delay. After creating the new package, a problem was found with the installer. There will be a delay in the release of the stable version. It should be finished Saturday i need to make sure it is functioning properly before i release it.

Saturday is a holiday; take the day off and celebrate the 4th of July.

Sorry for the delay. After creating the new package, a problem was found with the installer. There will be a delay in the release of the stable version. It should be finished Saturday i need to make sure it is functioning properly before i release it.

It's ok

There have been no serious problems found in this last beta other than a missing language key for the spam bot detection i added earlier.

So i am now preparing the Stable version for release. Should be available for download in a day or so.

Once that's been released i will begin work on the next versions first beta. I will be working on some of the suggestions made here https://www.cheetahwsb.com/m/suggestions/home/ as well as issues i have listed in the Repo here https://github.com/deano92964/Cheetah/issues

Work will also continue on the new Chat module i have started and additional work to remove obsolete flash apps.

Keep up the good work Deano!!

I appeared to have updated the site to B3; only thing I have tested so far is the photo upload.  The first time I uploaded a photo, I lost my log-on status.  After logging back in, I uploaded another photo and everything was fine.  So that must have been some fluke.  I did notice that the outline number is now working properly; so whatever the cause of that is fixed now.  The site appears faster now.  I think I had some issues where I copied files from the master.  I have been rather busy to do a proper testing but will try to crawl through the site and test as much as possible.

I am still going through the process of the upgrade but I noticed that even though the HTML5 player is installed it used the flash player to play the sounds and videos.  I uninstalled the HTML5 module and reinstalled it and that cured the issue.  However, that brings up the whole issue of the flash player.

By the way, the flash player is branded with Boonex and Dolphin; so even if it is decided it is needed it needs to be replaced.  The question though is do we even need the flash player fall back?  It seems to me that we would default to only HTML5 player and not even have a HTML5 module.

You are correct. Flash fallback is not needed anymore. My plans are to replace the default player with VideoJS. Both the flash player and the html5 video module will no longer be required once that is done.

I also plan on doing what i did on this site. Conversion of uploaded videos is not done if the video is already a MPEG-4/H.264 video. I also will not be bothering to create a webm file. MPEG-4/H.264 is now supported natively on all major browsers now, including mobile with the exception of Opera Mini.

Right now, uploaded videos to this site are still queued for cron, but once i am done, any file that is uploaded that is already in MPEG-4/H.264 format will not be queued for conversion, they will be available immediately after upload.

I am still going through the process of the upgrade but I noticed that even though the HTML5 player is installed it used the flash player to play the sounds and videos.  I uninstalled the HTML5 module and reinstalled it and that cured the issue.  However, that brings up the whole issue of the flash player.

By the way, the flash player is branded with Boonex and Dolphin; so even if it is decided it is needed it needs to be replaced.  The question though is do we even need the flash player fall back?  It seems to me that we would default to only HTML5 player and not even have a HTML5 module.

Sorry about that. I never liked the fact that dolphin unpacked into a folder. I have always preferred to just upload the zip file to the folder i wanted the files in, and extract. This way i don't have to move them after.

If packing into a folder is preferred by the majority, then i can do it that way. It's just not my preference.

It doesn't matter to me either way.  As long as I know the results ahead of time I know what actions to perform.  I use to not like the idea of extracting into a folder but working with archives I find it is nice when you extract several archives at a time.  Some extraction programmes will prompt, extract each archive to a separate folder.  I was using the file manager built into Virtualmin and did a right click extract archive and I was just use to Dolphin extracting into a folder named Dolphin and then I would just rename that folder to public_html.  As I said at the beginning, it does not matter to me either way.  This is your baby Deano so I say do it the way you want.

Sorry about that. I never liked the fact that dolphin unpacked into a folder. I have always preferred to just upload the zip file to the folder i wanted the files in, and extract. This way i don't have to move them after.

If packing into a folder is preferred by the majority, then i can do it that way. It's just not my preference.

Heads up on the Cheetah 1.0.0.B3 zip file.  I foolishly extracted it on the server without checking if it was going to extract the contents to a folder or not.  It does not; so I extracted the zip to my root and of course it placed all the files in that root.  Not a big deal, I can clean up the mess but just wanted to let others know ahead of time.  Create a directory on your server, place the zip file in that directory, and then extract the files.

In my case I am going to attempt to update our current Cheetah site.  I first back up the site files and database even though I am not going to touch them; I have learned over the years that it is better to be safe than sorry.  I will rename the web root; in my case it is public_html but it may differ.  For Plesk users it is httpdocs.  Then I will create a new public_html directory for the new Cheetah.  Of course I will install into a new database so the current one is not touched.  I can easily switch back to the previous site by renaming the new public_html and restoring the name of the old.  No need to touch Apache or Nginx host files.

Thanks Deano!

laughing

Many Thanks. I'll probably do a full install because it will be quicker.

Thanks Deano; I will try to get this tested in the next few days.  Appreciate all your hard work in giving us a future with our current websites.

Cheetah 1.0.0.B3 has been released. It is a few days late. This is the final beta. No additional changes will be made to this beta. It's purpose is to make sure no problems exist that must be fixed before the stable version is released. With any luck, there won't be any serious issues.

This one does not contain an upgrade. The final stable version that will be released at the end of this month will not contain a upgrade either.

You can keep your current database if your need to. To do that, do the following.

• Backup your current database
  • Drop all tables in the database.
  • install Cheetah beta 3
  • Restore your database.

Then run the following sql queries in PhpMyAdmin

UPDATE `sys_menu_top` SET `Caption` = '_ch_polls_profile' WHERE `Parent` = 4 AND `Name` = 'My Polls';
UPDATE `sys_menu_top` SET `Caption` = '_ch_ads_Ads_profile' WHERE `Parent` = 4 AND `Name` = 'Profile Ads';
UPDATE `sys_menu_top` SET `Caption` = '_ch_ads_Ads_profile' WHERE `Parent` = 9 AND `Name` = 'Profile Ads';

UPDATE `sys_options` SET `AvailableValues` = 'File,Memcache' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_db_cache_engine';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `AvailableValues` = 'File,Memcache' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_pb_cache_engine';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `AvailableValues` = 'File,Memcache' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_mm_cache_engine';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `AvailableValues` = 'FileHtml,Memcache' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_template_cache_engine';

DELETE FROM `sys_options` WHERE `Name` = 'sys_antispam_smart_check';

INSERT IGNORE INTO `sys_options` VALUES ('sys_antispam_bot_check', '', 23, 'Block Detected Spam Bots', 'checkbox', '', '', 10, '');

UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '10' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_antispam_bot_check';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '20' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_dnsbl_enable';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '30' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_dnsbl_behaviour';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '40' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_uridnsbl_enable';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '50' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_akismet_enable';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '60' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_akismet_api_key';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '70' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_stopforumspam_enable';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '80' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_stopforumspam_api_key';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '90' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_antispam_block';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '100' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_antispam_report';
UPDATE `sys_options` SET `order_in_kateg` = '110' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_antispam_add_nofollow';

-- last step is to update current version

UPDATE `sys_options` SET `VALUE` = '1.0.0.B3' WHERE `Name` = 'sys_tmp_version';

Clear the Cheetah cache

Then add the following language keys.

'_adm_fields_error_reserved_name' => 'Name entered is a reserved name and cannot be used.',
  '_sys_adm_page_cpt_botdetection' => 'Bot Detection',
  '_sys_adm_title_botdetection_log' => 'Bot Detection Log',

Then update the following language key.

'_Exception_user_msg' => 'A database error has occurred while loading the page. The system administrator has been notified.',

That should be it.